2CH Sydney

Re. Donna Lynch, the technical distinction between where she records her links and where those links are played out from will be lost on the average listener. As far as most Brisbane listeners are concerned, they’ll just regard her as being in Brisbane where she has broadcast from for many years. Likewise most Melbourne and Sydney listeners probably think she’s broadcasting from their respective cities.

To be fair to Donna, she does seem to work very hard at marketing the station in Brisbane. There are regularly photos on Facebook and elsewhere of her attending and speaking at a whole range of events. All to no avail you might say but certainly not for the want of trying on her part. If the product you’re marketing isn’t great, you’re always going to have an uphill struggle, whether it’s radio or any other sector.

4 Likes

Good on her for keeping busy, earning her keep.

1 Like

Seven advertising sales jobs available at 2CH.

Great to see progress being made. Lots of hours, hard work and some good fun is a certainty.

Good on Wheatley, Williams and their board for turning the lights on again of 2CH.

2 Likes

I had a listen to 2CH today during the arvo shift; I noticed Magic IDs were still present in Johnny Young’s networked programme. All the local IDs were simply “2CH”- at what point does this become too confusing for the average listener?

1 Like

If this mess at 2CH is a sign of things to come then bugger me (ie the high school logo and the mixed on air branding).

Can somebody remind EON this is Sydney and not Sunshine Coast or DAB+.

It has only been a few weeks! Might need to give them a bit more time. So this is Sydney not the Sunshine Coast, what does that mean? The Sunshine Coast doesn’t have or deserve good radio but Sydney does? Actually last time I checked the Eon stations on the coast sounded pretty slick. I’d also guess that Mix and Sea on the Sunshine Coast make a lot more money than 2CH right now.

Give it at least 6 months surely.

5 Likes

I imagine that come Monday the Magic IDs might well disappear completely from 2CH as that’s the day Macquarie effectively kills off the Magic brand with the launch of Talking Lifestyle in Melbourne and Brisbane

2 Likes

It’s a bit weird right now…

On digital radio, the station name is 2CH.
But the 2nd line text says Magic 2CH

I’m looking forward to listening to 2ch from Monday when finally the shackles of networking will be lifted I believe if they promote on digital , online & lastly on am like the 4kq sweeper’s are doing innovate the playlist starsets, 50’s thrown in occasionally.
I’m excited for the future of 2ch deeply sad for 4bh may 882 & 1278 break free from the storm that’s going to hit them coming Monday.

3 Likes

It would have sounded cleaner and looked more professional to keep the consistent brand and logo until changeover and then completely started from scratch with “Sydney’s 2CH”.

I wonder why they rushed so much to give only 50% a change.

Yeah it would have made sense.

Agree, station needs to be given more time. Wait until the Macquarie influence subsides.

Sunshine Coast stations are well established, well looked after by Sunshine Coast management from their inception, then the Gold Coast management RG/Mac SC/SCA and now Eon. Mix and Sea have been market leaders since inception, formats have gradually involved. Sydney is completely different.

Remember, we don’t know how 2CH was going prior to acquisition has MRN had lumped debt into it, creative accounting etc.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying about creative accounting. I wouldn’t be at all surprised.

1 Like

Well on 2ch does not seem they have someone covering the afternoon shift. Very much the magic format. Sorry to the Fans in Brisbane and Melbourne. :wink:. Happy with just a music format.

2 Likes

It seems Johnny Young will be heard from 2. I wonder how long this will last. 1-2 is now the “Music Hour”

What an ironic song they are playing magic by america :grinning:

Has 2CH fully moved away from the Magic Network branding now that the Melbourne & Brisbane stations have switched to Talking Lifestyle?

In the early hours of this morning Andrew McLaren was calling the station ‘Sydney’s 2CH 1170’. But I’ve just heard the station ‘voice’ say “the songs you know and love, this is Magic”

Confusion reigns!

3 Likes

And now I’ve just heard “Melbourne’s Magic 1278 supporting your local community” Let’s blame it on technical problems!!

1 Like