2023 NSW State Election - Media Coverage

Yes, it is more like an “infamous” Screen of Nightmares.

2 Likes

Interesting that 7’s lead anchor is nowhere to be seen on election night.

2 Likes

He’s presenting the 6pm news…

2 Likes

election night referring to the program/coverage not the actual evening.

1 Like

Same goes for the ABC. Juanita noticeably absent - very different approach to the other recent state elections where the 7pm anchor has featured prominently

3 Likes

Is she still on her long service leave though?

She’s been back for a while now.

2 Likes

As predicted by me yesterday. lol.

So Seven, Nine and the ABC are all starting their coverage at 5pm. What a shock! lol.

1 Like

i never understood a 5pm start for an election night when polls close at 6. given first booths wont come in until 6:30 at the earliest you get 90 mins of pontification and waffle until results start coming in

3 Likes

ABC Coverage starts at 5:30pm

2 Likes

Preview

2 Likes

The white set colour looks a lot nicer.

6 Likes

Angela Cox is excluded from the night’s coverage?

I get that supposedly controversial = interesting for those watching, but does any one actually choose election coverage based on what is the most controversial???

1 Like

Nine’s Coverage of NSW Election beginning with Weekend Today starting at 7am.

1 Like

Election eve

3 Likes

The image quality of the screen of dreams for Mark Riley is awful. The federal election and Victorian election showed that it is far too small and difficult to read names of the electorates. Can’t they just use the big screen where he’s standing?

5 Likes

Better yet just dispose of the wretched thing and have something a bit bigger than your average TV that you found off the streets.

And get someone who can actually do a proper analysis of the ‘State of Play’ like Matt Doran instead of Riley who should be on the panel.

1 Like

As a political junkie with absolutely no life - this is like Christmas to me. I love the 5pm starts to get the exit poll numbers as well as a quick refresher on key seats.

Having said that - I take your point that normal folks mightn’t get much value from the 5pm starts.

2 Likes

I hear you in the politics junkie thing. I’ve got a six pack in the fridge and told the missus it’s pizza tomorrow night - and I live in Brisbane and have never lived in New South Wales

2 Likes

Haha that’s the best. Which coverage will you be watching? I’m an Antony Green fanatic so ABC for me. Although I’ll probably end up going to the ALP’s election party if things look positive for them.