2022 Victorian Election - Media Coverage

1 Like

ABC Radio coverage of state election

This weekend, be part of the conversation and tune in to ABC Radio Melbourne and Victoria for complete coverage of the 2022 state election.

On Saturday night join Virginia Trioli and an expert panel for interviews, analysis and the live vote count. Raf Epstein will be reporting in live from across the electorates throughout the evening.

Then, on Sunday morning from 10am, join Ali Moore for The Morning After and share your thoughts as we explore the results.

1 Like

Have Seven released who their presenting team will be?

I’m assuming Peter Mitchell will present news… and possibly Bec and Mike doing the election coverage?

Will Mark Riley or state political reporter Sharnelle Vella be involved in the studio?

2 Likes

Vote 2022 – Victoria Decides

7NEWS to deliver unrivalled State Election coverage

Peter Mitchell will lead 7NEWS Melbourne’s extensive live coverage of the Victorian election on Vote 2022 – Victoria Decides.

The 7NEWS Melbourne anchor will be joined by a powerhouse panel of commentators and political heavyweights to provide the most comprehensive election night coverage.

Former Victorian Premiers Jeff Kennett and Steve Bracks will headline the network’s election night panel, alongside 7NEWS presenter Rebecca Maddern and State Political Editor Sharnelle Vella.

7NEWS Chief Political Editor Mark Riley will provide his signature insight and insider commentary, with the Screen of Dreams to give viewers up-to-the-minute poll data.

Mike Amor will lead the 7NEWS team on location, with reports coming in live from senior reporters Nick McCallum, Blake Johnson, Jodi Lee and Paul Dowsley in key seats as the results unfold.

Labor’s Mary-Anne Thomas, Liberal MPs Georgie Crozier and Matt Bach and Reason Party’s Fiona Patten will provide insider views as the votes come in.

7NEWS Melbourne Director, Shaun Menegola said: “The 7NEWS coverage will bring together Melbourne’s number one news team, the most advanced seat-by-seat tracking technology available, and the insight of key political insiders, including two former Premiers who are election night veterans. We’ll make sure Victorians have a front row seat as count unfolds to decide who leads the state.”

Seven’s unrivalled election coverage begins from 5.30pm with 7NEWS Melbourne delivering extended live coverage of every major development, including leaders’ speeches, as Victorians decide who will lead the state.

3 Likes

Thank Oprah!

Which network has the best line up do you think?

Not new info though.

I didn’t say it was.

Always ABC!

Seven have released their hosts. Peter Mitchell is hosting… no mention where Bec is?

1 Like

On the panel

3 Likes

“This data is coming from the independent who is running against him, Ian Cook.”

What an absolute joke.

9 Likes

You have to wonder how these ‘journos’ feel about reporting such rubbish these days…

6 Likes

How are people still pushing this false narrative? This doesn’t explain why I’ve had trouble booking any decent restaurants in the CBD on weekends the last few months, unless I book it a good week in advanced. Or how packed the Night Noodle markets have been the last couple of weeks. Not to mention the mass lines on weekdays at some places that I go to grab lunch.

Also, any changes to CBD traffic would be offset by traffic elsewhere. I am noticing a lot of the inner suburbs of Melbourne are booming now much more than they were pre-covid. Chapel Street, Swanston/Chuch street Richmond, High Street Thornbury/Northcote are areas that are just packed some nights these days.

I love the fact that Dan Andrews won the People’s Forum that was broadcast on Sky News. It’s about the only thing this year on that network that was balanced.

The very next night we skimmed through Credlin to see if she mentioned anything of it, and of course nothing. Instead she had some person on there ranting on about our debt and the costing of the metro tunnel and sky rail. It’s just the same old agenda with these people.

1 Like

Apparently Sydney CBD numbers are worse than Melbourne’s. But we never hear that from the News Corp press.

4 Likes

The CBD is dead on certain days of the week which is due to the work from home / in office balance. On a Friday and weekends the city is booming

1 Like

The whole state of Victoria will be dead if Guy wins.

4 Likes

Election coverage promos

2 Likes

Who is allowing a post like this to stay live?

What does it even mean?