2022 Victorian Election - Media Coverage

Sunday Age’s editorial today doesn’t support either party, with the emphasis on the Suburban Rail Loop. It asks both Labor and Liberal to have another good look at the SRL.

10 have a 15 minute news update in the tv guide for 10:30pm next Saturday:

Comprehensive coverage of the Victorian state election.

Likely to be other updates throughout the evening too I guess.

1 Like

Channel 31’s election night coverage courtesy of Monash University’s journalism and media communication students.

2 Likes

The Sky News/Herald Sun People’s Forum will be held tomorrow (Tuesday) at 6.30pm AEDT and will also be streamed live on Herald Sun website. It will be the only televised debate between Daniel Andrews and Matthew Guy during this election campaign.

2 Likes

I’m assuming 10 News First will be local this weekend? Have they scheduled a late edition on Saturday night?

2 Likes

10:30 pm is their 15 minute update.

4 Likes

In Melbourne you’d assume yes.

Still no word on who is actually hosting 7’s coverage ?

what coverage is available if your outside vic? I’m assuming just ABC news 24?

1 Like

ABC News Radio will also have live coverage of election count. It will be heard on all analogue frequencies plus the ABC Radio website, and the ABC Listen app.

You can also listen to 3AW’s coverage via the RadioApp on your mobile, which avoids having to register for an account.

2 Likes

There were ads on Ten last night with Jennifer Keyte promoting election coverage in Ten News First from 5pm Saturday

5 Likes

I assume Sky as well.

Otherwise, if you were streaming, you could change your region to VIC, and take local coverage on your preferred network.

3 Likes

Also, if you live in Tasmania, you will be able to watch Nine’s entire election night coverage live on TDT.

the only TV coverage on vast is via ABC24 as well (i thought of changing my travellers rego to vic for the night)

1 Like

No you don’t. TDT is affiliated with Ten and WIN is airing a different schedule. If you want to watch VIC election coverage you have to watch ABC News, Sky News (if you have Foxtel) or TDT 10.

4 Likes

Thanks for the correction. I got the TDT broadcast details from On TV Tonight (formerly eBroadcast) online guide which still lists the Melbourne schedule under TDT.

1 Like

do not use or trust on tv tonight

1 Like

ABC Radio Melbourne’s Rafael Epstein will broadcast his drive show live from Point Cook Town Centre, in the lower house seat of Point Cook, this Thursday afternoon (November 24), two days out from election day.

1 Like
2 Likes

Promo here;

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClQLPdypB-70uImf4kshRw4JXme55hO7J3Ilt80/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

2 Likes