2022 Victorian Election - Media Coverage

Nah, you’ve been sucked in to following a cult lead by the likes of Credlin and the sad thing is you don’t possess the perspicacity to identify it as such.

12 Likes

So is the Victorian election coverage on the final night of ratings for the year? Interesting way to end the year.

1 Like

When were you last in the CBD?

11 Likes

@FootKick - isn’t a good to see according to others in this thread how dare someone without a magical piece of paper saying they are a journalist be allowed to do any news of any kind…

its also good to see, according to others, they are always right, they know better then everyone else, anyone else who listens to sky, or new corp must be wrong, and have no idea, but everything they listen to is right, ABC is right, and everyone else is wrong…
anyone who has a differing opinion to them is wrong, and not allowed to argue any alternate opinion then that of their own…

With a title like The Cult of Dan Andrews, it doesn’t give much hope of impartiality. But, I suspect it is playing to it viewer base whose voting intentions are already rusted on. I doubt it would change anyone’s vote watching the program.

Could make an interesting topic for Media Watch.

9 Likes

But it’s not news. It is editorial opinion. A very simple and very clear distinction for most people not under the spell of the cult of sky after dark.

10 Likes

I must have missed this special.

Did it air before 5pm in the news part of Sky or after 5pm in the opinion section.

Even using Sky’s own arbitrary line in the sand of when their own channel goes from news to opinion - probably gives you an indicator of the value placed on the special.

It is kind of great how they segment their own channel like a library, non fiction and fiction.

4 Likes

being a journalist requires a few things - credibility & impartiality being the main things

Credlin is not credible - she’s a talking head who repeats the same right wing talking points over and over. She’s certainly not impartial and it means anything she does is seen though that lens. if she wants to be taken seriously, she needs to stop the crap she does on sky after dark and actully do serious work - otherwise her reports will be as hard hitting as my 18 month old nephew.

3 Likes

If Peta wants to be taken seriously, she doesn’t even have to try that hard. All she needs to do is to find some credible evidence of her claims and some positive things about Victorian Labor to balance it out.

But does that fit in with the right wing demagogues that lap whatever was served up last night? No way.

3 Likes

If Daniel Andrews has a cult I’m part of it. :smile: Peta Credlin is just another right wing stooge!

I get very tired of those who quote the numbers of those who died during our early wave of Covid to attack Andrews. Most of those poor unfortunate people were in old people’s homes which is and was the responsibility of the Federal Government. Scomo and his mob didn’t do a very good job of looking after them. As an older person I appreciate all Andrews did to keep Victorians safe, especially older ones. I got Covid but having had full vaccination it was mild. For Covid alone my vote goes to Daniel. God help Victoria if Guy were to become Premier! It’s unfortunate Murdoch’s rags and Nine’s (Neil Mitchell gets so upset Dan won’t speak to him) keep trying to defeat Daniel. They should report the news, not their prejudices.

4 Likes

@FootyKick im surprised you have not posted this link… oh wait it goes against the right. :joy:

2 Likes

You’re looking in the wrong places if you expect impartiality from Sky News

3 Likes

For Covid alone my vote goes to anyone but Andrews… despite living abroad i still get to vote in the seat of South Yarra… so it’s green anyway.

I do not understand how people still think 5km confinements, curfews and what not were good ideas. He closed the international airport for almost a year… literally only cargo planes were landing.

You could send your dog back to melbourne before you could send yourself.

International borders are managed by the Federal Government so that is actually on Scomo

5 Likes

No it was the Vic Govt who chose to stop hotel quarantine, effectively closing the international airport. It was definitely Dan and I was personally affected by it.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

3 Likes

For those who didn’t watch Peta’s investigation last night, here is some of what happened:

• Former Federal Labor MP Michael Danby spoke out at the party’s current direction, disagreeing with Victoria Police shooting rubber bullets outside the Shrine of Remembrance
  • A whistleblower, a former Andrews government minister spoke out, keeping her identity a secret. She said “crossing Daniel Andrews will completely change your life, if you publicly cross him in front of colleagues, you’ll be singled out and the punishment can extend beyond life in politics”
  • A leaked affidavit, addressed to IBAC, a 29-page sworn statement from a high ranking detective in the fraud squad, says that there is corruption inside Victoria Police into its investigation into Labor’s Red Shirts rorts, claiming the investigation was obstructed, stating 17 Labor MPs were protected, and outlines how it was done
  • Former Police Commissioner of Victoria, Kel Glare, said the government is not ethical, accountable or competent, and in his 84 years he’s never seen a government as corrupt as this one
  • Work Safe Victoria is headed up by a former Andrews staffer, and one of his former cabinet colleagues is the new chair of Work Safe Victoria

So what happened to this thread being about media coverage?

6 Likes

I suppose the relevant point to media coverage, is just how little traction all of the stuff will actually get. Something can be on Sky every night, on 3AW each morning and be column after column in the Herald Sun, but not actually be shifting voters.

I’m sure that won’t be cause for introspection in to how people just write them off as partisan, but they’ll have 4 more years to think about it.

1 Like

Excellent ideas! Kept older people like myself safe. If we’d had Guy who knows what would have happened. Heard someone complain early on Monday morning it was Andrew’s fault they couldn’t vote because ballot papers had not arrived. They’d never heard of the VEC. Maybe our media should do a bit more educating before many people vote! All this wet weather is Dan’s fault too. :grin:

Check this link to see who controls Australian International Airports.

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/infrastructure-transport-vehicles/aviation/airports/ownership-control-airports

Anyway this thread is supposed to be about media coverage of the election not who we are going to vote for. Which is pretty terrible except for The Guardian.

1 Like