2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games Coverage

Not really Birmingham is it?

Thatā€™s an excellent promo ey.

2 Likes

dreadful. just dreadful.
the ā€œoh I do say old chapā€ stereotype of the English went out of style in what, the 1980s?
Lame and tryhard.

5 Likes

Just like some aspects of the Commonwealth Games eh :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

absolutely. I just donā€™t see what is exactly gained by having a crack at the hosts.

Oh please. Itā€™s a bit of fun. Have a sense of humour.

2 Likes

I did LOL at the Dean Boxall moment though

Itā€™s lazy is what it is, Imho.

All good. You enjoyed it. I didnā€™t.

Yeah that was probably the highlight! All the Aussie stuff was actually fine. Itā€™s the tired tropes of stuffy old English people that comes across as the hamstring to the concept. Itā€™s been done a million and one times and is just weak creative. (I donā€™t have an English bone in my body.)

8 Likes

Thereā€™s also the theory that he edits his own wikipedia page - which has been denied.

The theory coming about because in the history of his page, there are edits by a user called Romingwinsagain - I believe Rompingwins may have been a horse he had connections to.

1 Like

Haha the rompingwins thread on Bigfooty is a pisser. Itā€™s been a long time since I read it but iirc itā€™s hard to come to any conclusion other than that he was editing his wiki page or that someone had put in a lot of effort to frame him. Didnā€™t realise heā€™d denied it though.

1 Like

No, my guess is Sydney

What an awful promo

2 Likes

Given the updates by the user were favourable it was either own edits, or someone has gone and planted the best ruse to make it look like it was him - and if itā€™s the latter, hilarious.

Denial here:

1 Like

The promo is absolutely awful, every time i watch it i just feel sorry for the athletes that were a part of it and degraded their image like that.

1 Like

It was definitely filmed in Sydney. You can see a blue and white Sydney Bus passing by in the background at the 27 second mark of the promo.

3 Likes

Coverage starts Friday 29 July at 4:45 AM with the Opening Ceremony.

Delayed coverage of this in Adelaide and Perth!

Sunrise commencing at 7:30 AM that day.

7 Likes

Seven will be hoping the opening ceremony will finish on time so it wonā€™t delay the start of Sunrise.

2 Likes

I assume their will be a replay at night?

Disappointing. Canā€™t they start at 4:15 AM and 2:45 AM respectively and air Sunrise LIVE?

5 Likes

I canā€™t see any justification these days for delayed coverage of these events. Adelaide could easily run Sunrise live that morning at 7am.

4 Likes

I think there will be highlights in the afternoon so as not to interrupt Sevenā€™s coverage of day 1 competitions and the AFL later that night.

1 Like

I would like to think AFL will be on 7mate in Melbourne/Adelaide/Perth for the duration of the Games, as was the case in 2018. Otherwise they could air the Games on 7mate leaving AFL on the main channel.

Worth noting, the AFL match being played on the first night of competition is Fremantle vs Melbourne at Optus Stadium with a bounce down of 6:10pm AWST.

3 Likes