2021 Tasmanian State Election - Media Coverage

Behind the scenes of tonight’s ABC broadcast

4 Likes

There was also a Facebook story with the 7 Tas election set for tonight’s broadcast but I couldn’t get a link or video of it and now can’t access it at all. Only got a quick look because I was meant to be watching the kids soccer but I think it may have mentioned they were at the tally room.

The ABC coverage has just begun, no local news by the looks tonight. The bulletin is the 5:30 ABC News channel bulletin with Miriam Corowa however it is focused on the election.

Love crosses to Devonport, Launceston and Hobart.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Will get caps later when I can but 7 Tas has just started.

Started with Lou in the studio who crossed to Kim Millar in the tally room who has also crossed to other reporters across the state.

They also ran an exit poll.

5 Likes

3 Likes

Alright, first set of caps from the news bulletin from 7 Tas. They opened the bulletin with Louise, did a story then crossed to Kim in the tally room.

From there, they did a mix of stories and live crosses to elsewhere on the tally room floor, Moonah in Hobart and Launceston where Garth Burley did a live interview with outgoing Legislative Councillor Ivan Dean.
After that they had their political analyst Richard Herr and released the exit poll results. Kim then threw back to Lou and they went to the first break with a news bulletin afterwards. Prior to the weather they then crossed back to Kim and Richard for some early results and then after the weather straight to the football.

I’ll get caps of the other updates when I can, they had some results at quarter time in the ad break and then half time in the football they had full coverage returning to the game a couple of seconds into the third quarter so none of the usual half time chat.

Cross back prior to the weather after the sport:

6 Likes

Behind the scenes of 7 Tasmania’s coverage (glimpse of the ABC too):

5 Likes

Interesting that 7 sent their election man down to help in Tas.

@ando9185 Nothing on WIN tonight?

Which one was that? Richard Herr?

Not that I’ve seen but I haven’t gone through those recordings.

I’ve got the SNOW coverage to get some caps of and some more of the 7Tas stuff but I can’t get those ones off the fetch yet so they’ll be later on tomorrow I reckon… or today now.

ABC coverage finished at 11:15 pm, looks like SNOW finished at 11ish before going to Fox Sports News and 7 Tas finished around 11pm too I think to return back to the programming with Big Brother. The 7 Tas special was longer than scheduled and I reckon went from the final siren of the football through to 11pm.

1 Like

ABC Caps

4 Likes

Caps from the first half hour of Sky News - 5:30 to 6pm, prior to the polls closing. Also, it did have one of the better explanations of Hare-Clark too including a good analysis of the 2018 results and how many counts were required in each electorate to get all the quotas sorted.

4 Likes

Peter Doherty who did the tweet, he’s a producer for 7Bris.

1 Like

Unlike the ABC and 9, 7 don’t have a ‘main guy’ for their election coverage. It rotates. I take your point though.

I think he’s like their main election producer, I have seen him tweet from the other states too.

ABC News Sunday:

3 Likes

7 Tasmania special coverage

7 Likes

Thanks @Abesty - a good selection of caps! I still have all my recordings to go through if people want but I think there’s a fair selection there so that’s one thing off my list of tasks for tonight.

WIN News should have the first of their coverage tonight - I haven’t seen anything else from them but admittedly, it’s not a channel I watch much of. I’ll see if I can get a TDT update tonight too.

ABC has had pretty good coverage over the past few days. This morning AM host Sabra Lane had a day off which probably wasn’t a surprise after working all weekend. She finished up after 11 on Saturday night and then was on air from 8am for a special Sunday edition yesterday so she had a big weekend.

3 Likes

@ando9185

Here’s some video

4 Likes