2020 Northern Territory Election - Media Coverage

Do you know if the Sky News Darwin bureau is located within the NT News building?

2 Likes

Yes, they have a studio and office in there.

Infact their studio is much bigger and better looking than what Nine has. Just needs a better display and lighting.

6 Likes

As will 10.

1 Like

10 don’t have it scheduled on the guide.

I’m assuming the broadcast contract wasn’t amended to cover the double headers, so it will probably be the same situation in Townsville as-well.

3 Likes

NT Votes - Ways to listen and watch the election

Join us Saturday night for comprehensive coverage of the 2020 Northern Territory election.
There are many ways you can stay up to date with the election results as they come to hand.
Here is an overview of election coverage across the ABC:

TV: Be watching from 6:00pm ACST on ABC TV and iview for up-to-the-minute results and analysis hosted by the ABC’s expert political panel:
Jacqueline Breen, ABC NT Journalist
Greg Jennett, ABC Political Correspondent
Antony Green, ABC Chief Elections Analyst

On the panel for commentary and analysis will be Labor Senator Malarndirri McCarthy, Country Liberal Senator Sam McMahon and Territory Alliance’s Delia Lawrie.

Online: Follow our live blog on Saturday as we bring you up-to-the minute results from across the territory at abc.net.au/ntvotes. It will commencing from 6pm the ABC News website will also have breakout stories and wraps of the biggest results throughout the evening. Key updates plus a live video stream will also be posted on our Facebook page.

Radio: Can’t get to the TV? Listen live to the simulcast of ABC TV coverage on ABC News Radio (107.3 FM in Darwin and 104.1 FM in Alice Springs), ABC News Radio live stream, Channel 25 on your TV.

Please note, on 105.7FM ABC Radio Darwin, 783 ABC Alice Springs and on Grandstand Digital we will be broadcasting the Dreamtime Game with our ABC Radio Darwin presenter Adam Steer giving updates at the quarter time breaks.

2 Likes

I wonder if Imparja will carry NTD’s coverage? Guides don’t seem to indicate anything. I’d imagine they would put it on 9Gem.

2 Likes

Darwin still hasn’t updated the guide as it was a sudden announcement, but I believe it’s set to broadcast at the same time as ABC, could subject to change;

• Nine News Darwin (6:00pm - 7:00pm)
  • NT Decides: Territory Election (7:00pm to 10:00pm ish)

I’m assuming Imparja might carry the coverage as they have in previous years.

Nine is SLAMMING promos for this coverage. Almost every adbreak and after each news opt-out has a mention.

2 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see if Canberra receives similar coverage from Nine in October. I guess the success of their NT election coverage will be the deciding factor.

1 Like

As it’s an SCA station, I’m assuming they won’t.

True. But there’s potential to reach a lot more viewers than Darwin would, RegionalTAM’s 2020 estimate is at 558k for the Canberra area while Greater Darwin was pushing 137k back in the 2016 census. If Darwin’s election coverage is a success they might see the value in trying it against a significantly larger population.

1 Like

Darwin, Palmerston, and surrounding rural areas receive Darwin channels so realistically their audience is 200k in that area. Nine is showing their coverage NT wide I believe but doubt the Imparja North broadcast area would show interest in it. Being an O&O station has its benefits as well.

With Canberra, SCA will need to be willing to cough up ad revenue/pay the bill for an ACT broadcast - I doubt Nine would do it out of courtesy considering the current circumstances with the regional news format.

Does anyone actually cover the ACT Election apart from ABC and Sky News?

I can’t see Nine, Prime7 or WIN doing live updates but Nine and WIN would probably just have full coverage the following Monday?

Some ABC bulletins…
Thursday:

Friday:

Nine News:

4 Likes

Parliment House

4 Likes

WIN used to do full coverage on election night when we had the Tally Room.

2 Likes

Nine and News are in agreement.

Here it is for anyone wondering - quite good IMO:

@TV-QLD hope you’re gonna be capping the coverage tonight! (Especially on Nine!)

3 Likes

Fun fact, I’m just out of camera shot in Katy Gallagher’s presser.

1 Like

Yes, Abesty and I will be doing a mass recording operation.

Interested to see how the new bulletin format is executed!

4 Likes