2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games

7mate replayed the closing stage of men’s 4 x 100m freestyle relay in the AFL post-match.

1 Like

Why is Feed 2 airing on 7flix tomorrow afternoon in Melbourne?

When 7mate is available (just multiple episodes of Swamp People).

NB/ 7Two being used for horse racing.

Tom Williams in co-hosting with Mel McLaughlin tonight - since Jason Richardson has had to fly back down to Sydney ahead of tomorrows horse racing coverage.

1 Like

…Is doing absolutely nothing, really. Very disappointed in Seven Sport.

Should be HOSTING in the studio, as was actually indicated in the guides - late night.

I’ve seen her like twice doing news updates.

Mel is on the Gold Coast though. I’d say it’s a room they have at The Star since she’s also co-hosting coverage there.

1 Like

Because 7mate will be used to simulcast Fox Footy coverage to various states (see Seven AFL coverage thread).

1 Like

I think there was meant to be a VFL game on 7mate at 2pm as Round 1 kicks off tomorrow… But for whatever reason Seven aren’t covering any games.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure the Games News thing is a green screen.

1 Like

Possibly a bit short on production staff and equipment?

They’ll probably do double headers during the AFL bye weeks.

Bruce hasn’t changed - his opening ceremony commentary sounded the same as for the Seoul Olympics of 1988, 30 years ago.

4 Likes

7Flix channel change graphics:

7Flix coverage:

1 Like

But there is no late night coverage to host, at least not live coverage!! It has ended at 10:30 AEST the past two nights which is enough for Hamish to host on his own from 7:00 until then. Are you suggesting they should be hosting together? I always thought that this was the sort of thing Mel would be doing; hosting the late night highlights based on what the guide said. It’s been a nice surprise seeing her do it with Jason Richardson/Tom Williams and at The Star hotel. Personally, I think this is a better spot than a studio because it helps to capture the nightlife atmosphere that the Gold Coast is well known for. Plus there’s likely not too many people watching highlights at this time of night to notice or care really except maybe WA.

4 Likes

Both channels are replaying triathlons from earlier today: mixed relay on Seven and men’s para-triathlon on 7TWO. Can’t one of them show another event from earlier tonight?

Or show the men’s squash which is in progress.

1 Like

I came home late, tuning-in around 11pm and there was still live sport on 7Two (hockey).

Rare occurrence for Gold Coast Comm Games.

1 Like

Won’t start until 9:10am (EST) megawall - there’s even Exclusive interviews and Event Headquarters

2 Likes

Technical difficultoes plaguing live coverage this morning.

1 Like

Not sure how true this is - but a funny read none-the-less:

1 Like

In terms of hire car, I think it’s as in a limousine service, fancy taxi if you will rather than a rental from Avis.

1 Like

I think this is true since Mel & Tom mentioned this incident last night when they were hosting coverage from The Star. They had a bit of a laugh over it.