Nickelodeon (formerly 10Shake)

Saw an 10Shake advertised on Channel 10, it appears to be going on LCN 13.

2 Likes

So are they moving 10HD to LCN 1?

1 Like

Not sure… Just saw the tail end of ad with Channel 13 being advertised specifically for 10 Shake.

1 Like

Are You Ready To Be Totally Shook?
10 Shake Is Coming Soon.

The one and only T-Swift taught us all to “shake it off”, but it’s time to flip the script and get ready to “shake it on” because 10 Shake is set to shimmy its way onto our screens very soon.

Are you ready to be totally shook? Well you better be, because from 6pm every night 10 Shake has got it all, the duh-rama, the feels, the WTFs and the meltdowns.

10 Shake will be home to guilty pleasures galore and don’t worry, we won’t make you feel embarrassed by asking if you’re still watching. We’re talking The Charlotte Show , Catfish: The TV Show , Teen Mom Australia , Ridiculousness , Just Tattoo Of Us , Lip Sync Battle , Comedy Central Roasts , Inside Amy Schumer , Drunk History , Comedy Central Roasts , The Late Late Show with James Corden and many, many more.

For those looking after our next generation during the day, no need to get yourself all shaken up because we’ve got the kids covered too. From 6am to 6pm every day, all those ultra-energetic littlies can get their shake on with some of their all-time faves. Dora The Explorer , PAW Patrol , READY SET DANCE , Butterbeans Café , SpongeBob SquarePants , Henry Danger , Totally Wild , Scope and a bunch of other colourful characters will be settling in on 10 Shake.

Pull the milkshake maker out of the cupboard and dust off your cocktail shaker because 10 Shake is coming soon.

6 Likes

South Park is shown in the video but not mentioned above . I’m assuming repeats otherwise all the WIN viewers won’t see it unless they watch online catchup?.

2 Likes

10Shake - They would have been better off getting repeat rights to Bob’s Burgers than play Bojack Horseman. Then again having South Park, Bojack and Bob’s could be an animation night again like they used to have on Eleven.

3 Likes

Hmm interesting.
Looks like they could’ve been using Darwin as their testing ground by having 10HD on LCN 10?

4 Likes

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if the HD channel disappears entirely.

2 Likes

there’s a chance that it could become HD only to follow suit with the others.

As if. Why would they go backwards? If anything, the SD channel would go next. They have 10Bold on 1 and 12. Makes no sense.

Having 10HD on 1 might boost their ratings slightly with many people often pressing 1 on their remotes before clicking up and down.

5 Likes

No way. And 10 would be dumb to do so. The younger audience they’re targetting wouldn’t want to watch their shows in glorious SD.

4 Likes

I’m sorry but this is a ridiculous comment. They would be nuts to do this.

4 Likes

I highly doubt it, especially in the current environment where people are less likely than ever to upgrade their TV-viewing equipment if still stuck with MPEG2-only gear!

They went backwards in 2009 when Ten HD was replaced by One HD (and for a short time at least, One SD)!

2 Likes

There were good reasons. The government wouldn’t let them open more multichannels. To get around that, in a sneaky way, they used the HD channel for Channel One.

With hindsight, the government should have allowed multichannels sooner and maybe the networks maybe wouldn’t have been in such dire financial straits as they were/are. But the government had Murdoch and Foxtel pissing in their pocket.

5 Likes

The commercial networks were allowed to have two SD channels and one HD channel in 2009, which could’ve allowed Ten to continue running Ten in HD + SD and the new sports channel in SD.

Ten opted not to do that, favouring sport (the commitment to provide coverage of all Ten sport coverage on One didn’t even last long either IIRC) over HD broadcasts of all other programming genres.

I’d hardly call adding a multichannel going backwards.

All the networks took that option - adding a multichannel that was HD and dropping main channel HD - even ABC had ABC 24 running at 720p.

3 Likes

to be honest, i would not mind if we could set all the channels in HD as MPEG2-HD, i’m sure each multiplex has enough bandwidth. I personally don’t see the differences

Why is this flagged as hidden?

1 Like

No there isn’t enough bandwidth for more than 1 MPEG 2 HD channel plus multis.

It’s a duplicate - has already been posted.

1 Like

Even though we had no (or very little) HD main channel programming from Ten for nearly seven years?

Not to mention that even when Ten HD returned, for some time they lagged considerably behind the other networks in the amount of native HD content provided.

Fair point. But with no mention of what Ten are going to do with their HD channel (why not mention it in the press release?), I think people should be legitimately worried about the future of it.

I’m also concerned about history repeating itself and the other networks following suit if/when it’s decided they need even more multichannels in the future, since it’s likely that HD will be one of the first things sacrificed for future services.

1 Like