10 Play

In an interesting development, it appears that 10 is now streaming all of their channels on 10 play.

The Boss stream has always been there for select programming, but is currently live streaming here - https://tenplay.com.au/live/one (they still need to update the URL)

Also Peach has just been added recently here and is showing Everybody Loves Raymond at the moment - https://tenplay.com.au/live/peach

3 Likes

It’s 10 Bold.

peach stream has nothing on it

Yes, yes it is.

It originally appeared with “Your Live Stream Will Be Back After The Ad Break” but then started after the stream was restarted.

Showing for me now

And me

1 Like

Leaving Neverland

Great to see! Are they both in SD though?

Interesting. Saw online recently that 10’s live stream VPM share is horrendously bad, no surprise when they couldn’t even have all their channels streaming when 7Plus and 9Now have had it for how long

1 Like

Sure. But their FTA share is also largely terrible so there’s probably some correlation there.

2 Likes

It’s not surprising 10 haven’t bothered live streaming their secondary channels, the quality of the main channel stream is average at best with a clunky operating system, inconsistent ad breaks and general poor picture quality.

It depends what platform you watch 10play on. I watch it regularly on Apple TV and have minimal issues and the picture quality is on par with 7plus.

I decided to watch Leaving Neverland on 10play last night. I watched it on Xbox One (because there is still no LG Smart TV app). And I was pleasantly surprised to have only one advertisement at the very beginning of part 1 and part 2, despite both parts being 2hrs long each.

Also note the Xbox One App still hasn’t been updated to the new logo.

I watched it also last night via the 10 play app on Apple TV and it was the same for me, 1 x 30 sec ad played before each part and that was it. Was pretty impressed actually!

Also this from 10 this morning, not surprised given the interest in Leaving Neverland.

1 Like

i just noticed that 10 play isnt on the ps4 as yet, but when researching found out it was planned back in 2016, wondered what happned??? i would like it to be on the ps4 as it is on the xbox 360 and xbox one

1 Like

New Facebook banner

Network 10 and Screen Australia bring you OUT HERE

Network 10 and Screen Australia today launched OUT HERE, an initiative that gives Australians the opportunity to produce a documentary focused on LGBTQI+ diversity in rural and regional communities.

From today, storytellers are invited to apply for one of three grants of up to $80,000 to help develop ideas about being LGBTQI+ in country towns, into a documentary. The successful documentaries will then be broadcast on 10’s digital streaming platform 10 Play.

Network 10’s chief content officer Beverley McGarvey said: “At 10, we have such an important role to play in fostering and creating pathways for production talent across Australia. OUT HERE is a fantastic initiative that not only opens up opportunities for budding film makers to produce a documentary, but also promotes cultural change and inclusion in rural and regional communities. It’s another way we can make sure Australians from all parts of our community are represented on screen and behind the camera. We can’t wait to see all the ideas and uncover future production stars.”

Network 10 talent including 10 News First Perth newsreader Narelda Jacobs, Show Me The Movie presenter Joel Creasey and Dancing With The Stars contestant Courtney Act are supporting the initiative through broadcast, digital and social promotions.

Screen Australia’s head of documentary Bernadine Lim said: “Lived experience is both powerful and raw. We wanted to create a specific space for LGBTQI+ filmmakers to share their real life regional stories with an even wider audience. We’re excited to hear the ideas LGBTQI+ creators will bring to us from across Australia.

“When the time comes to publish the OUT HERE documentaries, we’re particularly thrilled to be able to partner with 10 to make these Australian stories accessible to view for free on 10 Play.”

Applications must include a director or producer who identifies as part of the LGBTQI+ community and one of whom has at least one screen credit in the respective role. All key creatives must be Australian citizens or residents.

For more information on the application process, visit 10play.com.au/outhere. Applicants will have until Friday 26 April to submit their ideas with the grant recipients announced on Friday 21 June.

Promo

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/out-here

4 Likes

Amazing initiative, looking forward to this.

2 Likes

Seems that 10 Play has stripped back its TV guide. When the website first started, it only had guides for the five major cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth) before expanding nationwide. However, when I visited the website today, the TV guide coverage has been reduced to just nine regions: Sydney, Central Coast NSW, Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Adelaide and Perth.

1 Like

well i dont watch anything on 10 play coz there no way on the web version to change regions unlike 9 and 7