10 Peach - Programs and Schedules

Seinfeld episodes now on 10 Peach. Has 10 taken back the rights from 7 mate or are there episodes across both networks?

See

Now only on 10 Peach.

1 Like

Seinfeld, when compared to other shows on Peach, is actually pretty reasonable picture quality.

2 Likes

Anyone know if they’re airing their old original masters? Or new copies? Should be able to tell if not by the quality, the version of Sony distributor ender.

I briefly checked & they’re in 16:9, so 10 must have gotten new copies of Seinfeld.

1 Like

Probably the same re-mastered editions that have aired first on Nine then with Seven.

1 Like

Almost no new content in primetime before 1030pm except Funny Girls. Still awaiting Crazy Ex Girlfriend the return of Man with a Plan. I am not 100% sure my episode numbers for Strictly Come Dancing are correct. If anyone watched the Friday episode and can comment that would be great

If my maths is any good, this week’s Strictly are eps 15 and 16.
Would make the episodes airing next week 17 and 18. I’d have to double check but I think that’s right.

Seinfeld is new to 10 Peach (Yes I know it’s aired on 10, Nine, 9GO!, 7mate and 7flix before…)

All the new content that goes to 10Peach ends up not rating and they remove it and ends up a repeats channel, has become a bit like GO ! ?

Crazy Ex Girlfriend returning to 10Peach.
Starting at the beginning of season 4 at the coveted timeslot of 2.20am Sunday.

1 Like

Some diehard fans will have already seen it legally via Netflix US.

Ah right, that clearly explains the Sunday 2.20am timeslot then…

Despite the critical acclaim, it’s a show with very niche appeal. 10 Peach’s focus is on mainstream comedy hits like Seinfeld, Two and A Half Men, Frasier and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Most diehard fans already own a copy (in one form or another) of all the shows you mentioned.
Absolutely no reason for 10’s programming department to slot this at 2.20am Sundays. Stupidity at its’ finest. Plenty of 10.30pm or 11pm slots available, only needs one.

4 Likes

The Late Late Show with James Corden, currently on 10 Peach on late nights, has been renewed until August 2022.

1 Like

this might be moved to a better thread

Interesting thoughts from tv writer Dan Barrett today as guest on the @blackbox podcast, talking “Viacom-CBS” and it’s impact domestically for 10 and its channels.

He talked content supply deals and the potential for 10 (owned by CBS just ICYMI) to acquire through the merger (at least that’s how I comprehended it) the entire library of Viacom as well (i.e.) Paramount - movie catalogue and their television productions, as well as all the cable channels and streaming platforms.
Not just 10’s linear but All Access SVOD et al.

Interestingly, the two (Viacom and CBS) used to be one company pre-2006 (?) known then as Paramount TV. They never had an exclusive output over the years with any Australian network either (unlike Disney with Seven for decades and Warner Bros with Nine for decades). All three commercials have been licenced over the years (Seven have aired many of their movies, Nine too and used to have “Dr Phil”, “ET”, before 10 signed with the new split CBS in 2006 (which technically was an exclusive output). However the other split half “Paramount” still kept deals with all networks for movies.

All very complicated and even more so forecasting the corporate future with 10.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed in the TV guide for this week that after the 5th season finale of Seinfeld airs (“The Opposite”), it will go back to the beginning of the series. This would indicate that 10 have not yet picked up Seasons 6-9 at this point in time.

1 Like

Wedding Crashers airing in letterbox format tonight, but even that can’t fully contain the WIN Peach watermark :sweat:

1 Like