Watermarks

Well Ten have to be careful that they don’t turn viewers off by having those coloured watermarks that spoil your enjoyment of all their other shows. I’ve switched channels a few times specifically to avoid seeing it and I steer clear of Ten now if I’m channel surfing. I’ve heard my workmates say the same thing.

2 Likes

As mentioned in a couple of threads 10 years since dotless 9. This was the 9HD watermark from that era

8 Likes

Seven had a watermark blunder at the start of the afternoon news.

4 Likes

Ha, I would’ve thought that anything to do with Seven’s biggest flop of 2015 was deleted from the servers. Evidently not! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Listen, don’t mention the war! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it. :laughing: Hilariously bad mistake.

5 Likes

5 Likes

The MKR countdown watermark is a disaster.

2 Likes

Yay… Restaurant Revolution is on in 28 minutes

2 Likes

Nice Fawlty Towers quote there :joy:

3 Likes

Nine’s first promotional watermark/graphics since the new package.

Only appears for a few minutes

3 Likes

WIN has changed its watermark…

6 Likes

Oooo, and it’s in a position to accommodate dots, just like IMP. We could see the return of dotty very soon!

3 Likes

Best WIN watermark since the 06/07 era

3 Likes

It’s also in a position to accommodate the letters HD on the right edge too!

2 Likes

Really not liking this trend towards brighter watermarks.

2 Likes

I agree that the brightness of these more recent watermarks could be put down a bit, although I do think it’s good to see watermarks which actually reflect the current branding of the network (unlike Ten, who still use their failed 2012 logo as a watermark)!

2 Likes

Vale Mappy. You will be missed.

not.

3 Likes

don’t think dots would have worked with Mappy if they return

2 Likes

I cant believe mappy is gone. Someone must make a you tube video special about its time. When did mappy 1st start.

3 Likes

I think that WIN had used a map of Australia as part of their watermark as early as 2002 (after changing from the tiny gold WIN watermark that I think had been used since about 1996), removed it during 2006-07 and returned in an updated form in 2008.

But someone who’s been a longtime resident in a WIN viewing area probably knows the history of WIN watermarks/coverups a bit better than me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes