Watermarks

Nice Fawlty Towers quote there :joy:

3 Likes

Nine’s first promotional watermark/graphics since the new package.

Only appears for a few minutes

3 Likes

WIN has changed its watermark…

6 Likes

Oooo, and it’s in a position to accommodate dots, just like IMP. We could see the return of dotty very soon!

3 Likes

Best WIN watermark since the 06/07 era

3 Likes

It’s also in a position to accommodate the letters HD on the right edge too!

2 Likes

Really not liking this trend towards brighter watermarks.

2 Likes

I agree that the brightness of these more recent watermarks could be put down a bit, although I do think it’s good to see watermarks which actually reflect the current branding of the network (unlike Ten, who still use their failed 2012 logo as a watermark)!

2 Likes

Vale Mappy. You will be missed.

not.

3 Likes

don’t think dots would have worked with Mappy if they return

2 Likes

I cant believe mappy is gone. Someone must make a you tube video special about its time. When did mappy 1st start.

3 Likes

I think that WIN had used a map of Australia as part of their watermark as early as 2002 (after changing from the tiny gold WIN watermark that I think had been used since about 1996), removed it during 2006-07 and returned in an updated form in 2008.

But someone who’s been a longtime resident in a WIN viewing area probably knows the history of WIN watermarks/coverups a bit better than me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since September 2002 (except during 2006-07)

10 Likes

Wow didn’t realize there were so many different map logos used. The 06/07 was a nice clean logo. I remember one WIN logo in map was a solid colour that changed every night. Could not believe how soild it was. Then they toned it down eventually.

5 Likes

5 Likes

There were a few more variations of the 2002 design at the time. I recall there was some viewer backlash in the Illawarra in 2002 when WIN used a near solid blue map (I think it was the first variation of the 2002 design). The Illawarra Mercury published a small article at the time saying it was blocking lottery numbers and other on-screen graphics. It was watermarked on the day of that article being published.

WIN also removed the map in 2008. It was brought back after a week.

2 Likes

I didn’t even noticed when it was gone ?

2 Likes

The watermark in the box was different for the first couple of months when the WIN in the box originally aired, and if I recall they change the watermark at the beginning of May that year when they started using the warehouse promos.

4 Likes

Sure was. It resembled the Nine watermark at the time and was really small. IIRC the PRG logo was just white WIN lettering with the same transparent box as the watermark. Looked great, but then they changed it.

4 Likes

This one?

Edit: from the time stamp that’s a 2007 cap, so it wouldn’t be the at launch one.

5 Likes