Watermarks

Hopefully it will be back soon :stuck_out_tongue:strong text

2 Likes

[quote=“WAtvVideos, post:1010, topic:252, full:true”]
It was always a laugh when WIN were caught off-guard when Nine suddenly introduced a new watermark. Scrambling to get it covered up before Bruce chokes on his croquembouche and calls the 'Gong on the red telephone.[/quote]Had to laugh at the bolded part. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You won’t believe how many times I’ve watched this upload of yours. Whenever I’m down this always brightens up my day.

“…Move it a little to right…nope, now to left…wrong again…now to the left…yep! We’ve got it!!” :yum:

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that recently in Sydney as well.

2 Likes

This time around 7HD on the Gold Coast is not carrying the region name, in contrast to the Olympic simulcast.

In August:

5 Likes

It turns out that the lack of “Gold Coast” on the watermark is because the 7HD signal on the coast is a simulcast of the Brisbane signal rather than the Gold Coast feed - so no Gold Coast News on 7HD.

2 Likes

Seven HD is an utter mess.

Christmas Optus Sports watermark

9 Likes

7HD in Sydney with no 7 on the watermark.

6 Likes

That’s something you expect to see from SCA! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Looks odd. Prime7 graphic?

Regional Qld

5 Likes

7mate Via HSV-7

5 Likes

Normal regional 7Mate watermark

5 Likes

Wasn’t there a period in the early to mid 00s where WIN didn’t have a watermark in Tasmania because viewers conplained that the “mappy” watermark didn’t have Tasmania in it?

[quote=“Radiohead, post:1028, topic:252, full:true”]
Wasn’t there a period in the early to mid 00s where WIN didn’t have a watermark in Tasmania because viewers conplained that the “mappy” watermark didn’t have Tasmania in it?[/quote]Not that I’m aware of. The only differences between WIN Tasmania and WIN mainland was the watermark positioning and the PRG. WIN in Tassie used to have the regular watermarks (the various mappy versions and the block version) in the top right instead of the bottom right and it was often more transparent than that of WIN mainland. And the PRGs were static whereas other WIN regions had the animation on the PRGs. This ceased around the time when playout moved to Mediahub IIRC.

2 Likes

The ABC HD watermark is on channel 20.

1 Like

Here’s a very shoddy cap.

5 Likes

5 Likes

The content and watermark seems to be HD.

Via ABV-12 Melbourne.

Just some frame stuttering on SichboPVR.

3 Likes