Watermarks

The content and watermark seems to be HD.

Via ABV-12 Melbourne.

Just some frame stuttering on SichboPVR.

3 Likes

Interesting placement of watermark :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Who knew Pyne was such an ABC fan!

14 Likes

WIN has outdone themselves. I see mappy has made a return, on The Talk at least, and heā€™s bigger and more obtrusive than ever. Not normally in WIN territory. Is that blue monstrosity used often?

2 Likes

I got all excited when I saw the word ā€œmappyā€ but itā€™s the ugly blue mappy.

Iā€™ve only watched WIN once on a TV but Iā€™ve never seen the blue map used on air.

Is there a pic of it

We donā€™t get it in Queensland

6 Likes

Why do all FTA networks feel that ā€œHDā€ watermark additions are essential? Do they think that viewers really canā€™t tell the difference between the SD and HD services through the picture quality and the LCN/EPG name? :confused:

Mind you, it is good to see native HD content finally starting to come through on ABC HD. But we really shouldā€™ve been seeing that on launch day!

3 Likes

Here it is:

14 Likes

@SydneyCityTV

Iā€™m a TV nut. I can instantly tell the difference between HD and SD.

But now Australia, where LCNs are all over the place. Channels are repeated. So little HD content. Much SD upconvert. And things like Ten HD on channel 13 - I find it confusing as hell. I actually need and like the HD bugs. They help a lot.

6 Likes

Jesus wept.

6 Likes

That latest WIN map of Australia ā€œwatermarkā€ (it doesnā€™t even deserve to be called that if you ask me) is just terrible. Hopefully not a permanent thingā€¦

5 Likes

Is that a mock??

If not, terrible.

5 Likes

I can assure you that itā€™s not. :worried:

more like a broach or pin

1 Like

Iā€™m cackling

WIN is entitled to watermark but this is ridiculous lol

Standby for ā€˜youā€™re watching WIN networkā€™ on WIN HD, ONE and Eleven.

Ah this is the one I was talking about in the WIN Television thread. All I can say to WIN is why?

7 Likes

That is the worst thing Iā€™ve ever seen. What the hell is wrong with this company?

7 Likes

:unamused:

3 Likes

At least make the damn thing transparent! Jesus, thatā€™s so disgusting!

7 Likes