Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

I know Vega 95.3 in Sydney tried to become a classic rock station , it did not last long. Though I don’t think they tried too hard. From memory it was just called 95.3.

They were known as Classic Rock 95.3 (91.5 in Melbourne) from March 2010 to March 2011, before they changed to Sydney’s 95.3 (Melbourne’s 91.5) with the positioner “Classic Songs, Classic Rock”.

Thanks for refreshing my memory :grinning:. I think someone should do a real classic rock station on dab again. Playing whole albums etc.

1 Like

I think part of the reason why Classic Rock (and later Sydney’s 95.3/Melbourne’s 91.5) wasn’t a massive success in the ratings because from memory, their playlist was even safer and more boring than that of WSFM/Gold/Triple M at the time.

1 Like

Yeah I think smooth’s format is more adventurous than what classic rock was.

Anyway off topic but the stations more willing to experiment a bit will most likely be more successful.

2 Likes

It appears that former 2BS Bathurst talk show host Luke Bona is taking over as host of Talking Back The Night from 12 December.

For holidays or permanently?

Also, shift this to the correct thread.

Don’t know. It could just be over the holidays.[quote=“crankymedia, post:455, topic:56”]
Also, shift this to the correct thread.
[/quote]

What thread do you suggest, if not Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)?

1 Like

The other regional radio thread. 2BS isn’t owned by SCA, it’s an independent station.

1 Like

Talking Back The Night is the late night show on the SCA Local Works network soon to be Triple M and has nothing to do with 2BS.

I was making a slight joke as Luke Bona was on 2BS before he moved to 2GB Sydney many years ago …

1 Like

Reow

1 Like

Heard ads on NXFM for Gold Coast 600 last night. Which happened over a month ago.

5 Likes

SCA Griffith (Star FM & 2RG) have recently moved into new premises in the old Pizza Hut restaurant building at 52 Jondaryan Ave. Fitout is very similar the new Wagga Wagga studios which opened late last year.

The Shepparton studios were also re-fitted in August, remaining in their existing premises at 625 Wyndham Street.

Along with Wagga Wagga, Mackay and Brisbane, this now make 5 SCA locations using the latest configuration of Axia Fusion panels.

Wow, expert detail, are you the rep for Axia? Curious what the big interest in these panels are? You seem to know intimate details at every turn.

1 Like

Luke Bona will be heard on Triple M in December and rest of the Triple M network from January. Wonder what’s going to happen to Christian, really enjoy him on TBTN. I’m guessing GYIM will be were he’ll be on.

There’s a website (now seems broken though) that documented the fate of former Pizza Huts - I’d think that radio station would be one of the most unique of the eventual uses.

1 Like

SCA Griffith’s new studios might be the first former Pizza Hut in Australia to host a radio station (well, two in this case), but it’s been done before! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about Adelaide and Gosford?

and don’t forget Rebel FM The Rock Station which has only a little amount of bogan, but nowhere near as bogan as Triple M.

1 Like

Nope, I have no relationship with Axia or The Telos Alliance. All details I’ve shared are already publicly available through a combination of on-air content, social media and industry sites. I’ll also happily spruik that Grant Broadcasters current configuration being deployed in their new builds (Cairns and Townsville so far) includes the Wheatstone L-12 console.

They, along with Townsville, Gold Coast, Hobart and Canberra (although the latter technically falls under ARN’s Engineering department), are using Axia Element consoles, the predecessor to the Fusion.

2 Likes