Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

SCA Griffith (Star FM & 2RG) have recently moved into new premises in the old Pizza Hut restaurant building at 52 Jondaryan Ave. Fitout is very similar the new Wagga Wagga studios which opened late last year.

The Shepparton studios were also re-fitted in August, remaining in their existing premises at 625 Wyndham Street.

Along with Wagga Wagga, Mackay and Brisbane, this now make 5 SCA locations using the latest configuration of Axia Fusion panels.

Wow, expert detail, are you the rep for Axia? Curious what the big interest in these panels are? You seem to know intimate details at every turn.

1 Like

Luke Bona will be heard on Triple M in December and rest of the Triple M network from January. Wonder whatā€™s going to happen to Christian, really enjoy him on TBTN. Iā€™m guessing GYIM will be were heā€™ll be on.

Thereā€™s a website (now seems broken though) that documented the fate of former Pizza Huts - Iā€™d think that radio station would be one of the most unique of the eventual uses.

1 Like

SCA Griffithā€™s new studios might be the first former Pizza Hut in Australia to host a radio station (well, two in this case), but itā€™s been done before! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What about Adelaide and Gosford?

and donā€™t forget Rebel FM The Rock Station which has only a little amount of bogan, but nowhere near as bogan as Triple M.

1 Like

Nope, I have no relationship with Axia or The Telos Alliance. All details Iā€™ve shared are already publicly available through a combination of on-air content, social media and industry sites. Iā€™ll also happily spruik that Grant Broadcasters current configuration being deployed in their new builds (Cairns and Townsville so far) includes the Wheatstone L-12 console.

They, along with Townsville, Gold Coast, Hobart and Canberra (although the latter technically falls under ARNā€™s Engineering department), are using Axia Element consoles, the predecessor to the Fusion.

2 Likes

ah, thanks for clearing that up!

Iā€™ve always found to be the Wheatstoneā€™s to look nicer - then again, the best Iā€™ve played around with are the old IP-12s

Anyone seen any promo material like bumper stickers and the like for the new rebrands?

Not yet, but surely we will see some soon, given the rebranding is only a little over 2 weeks away.

Good on Luke. I am concerned when I hear Steve Price on 2GB formally advertise to get people to listen to 2UE . Triple M donā€™t have formal ads to listen to 2Day fm. Optus dont advertise Virgin mobile.

Feels like even 2gb is also becoming more and more sponsored content than good old fashion TalkBack. So maybe a good time to go.

Back on topic, I donā€™t know if I agree triple m having talkback overnight but itā€™s good Luke has an opportunity.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard several but internally only - sorry.

Letā€™s just say that thereā€™s a great deal of excitement, and the big overseas tactic is going to be outstanding.

1 Like

I was wondering what theyā€™d do with the regional Hit stations which have mid-points in them -whether theyā€™d be Hit 102.7 or Hit 105.5 etcā€¦ well now we know.

Coffs Harbourā€™s 105.5 Star FM will be ā€œHit 105ā€

ANNOUNCER- HIT105
COFFS HARBOUR
Join a winning team and take the next step in your career Brilliant opportunity with one of Australiaā€™s leading media companies Fabulous ongoing training

Thatā€™s interestingā€¦ I thought Coffs Harbourā€™s would be ā€œHit1055ā€ā€¦

Or what will happen with Port Macquarieā€™s ā€œHitā€ stationā€¦

Given itā€™s heard on 102.3 and 105.1 - both with decent coverage?

Speaking of the Hit/Triple M rebrands; when should we expect to start seeing changes? SCAā€™s announcement gave a December 15 date, which is just 11 days away.

I recall when Sheppartonā€™s Sun FM underwent the rebrand to Star FM, they had teasers on TV in the weeks leading up stating that ā€œa new Star is being born in the Valleysā€.

Just find it odd that for such a large-scale overhaul, everything has been kept under wraps so far - no mention that Iā€™ve noticed on air or online as yet.

2 Likes

I wonder what theyā€™re going to do in Bundaberg where they already have another station Hitz 93.9
Also in Central Qld they have two frequencies, one for Rockhampton and one for Gladstone.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to know how keenly the Camerons are defending their Bundy name or rolling over to SCA and letting them take it?

1 Like

Could always jump to the Star brand, would probably hit a Hot AC format better anyhow

Oh good, at least thereā€™s no other station owned and operated by Southern Cross Austereo with that same na-- oh.

1 Like

Only the nine logo left on the southern cross building in Albury the river and star FM have been removed

1 Like