Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

4GR has commenced online steaming again. Does that make all SCA stations back online now?

nope, 2WG, 2GZ weren’t the other day when I checked.

1 Like

Bummer! Thanks @MarkHD

Richard ‘Chooky’ Fowler is retiring from 92.5 Gold FM breakfast after 22 years with the station. His last show will be this Thursday.

Source: Radio Today

Just heard on the radio then. Will be sad - many trips to the Gold Coast in the 90’s as a kid and he and Sarah were always entertaining in the mornings. Will be missed :frowning:

News report

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but former My Kitchen Rules and Dancing with the Stars contestant Ash Pollard is currently hosting breakfast on STAR FM Shepparton until mid July.

Listen out for that crescendoooooo!!!

Richard very good presenter, love hearing him on Gold FM, won’t be the same without chook

Good send-off for Richard on Gold in the OB yesterday. Caught about half an hour or so.

1 Like

There must be more to it. Richard could have stayed as long as he wanted, dipped in and out of the show, tieline from NZ, very favourable time zone.

Sure, family is important but this is not quite right.

2 Likes

Is the GOLD FM silent for anyone else?

Yeah, stream is dead. Broadcasting on FM is fine, of course. :grinning:

On Monday night, Talking Back the Night returned to the regional airwaves after one year’s absence. Christian Argenti’s show was syndicated nationally via Gold FM during 2010 - 2015 with the final show broadcast in July last year.

Prior to joining Gold FM, Argenti was a broadcaster with SEN in Melbourne.

On the Gold Coast (as an example), this show injects extra competition into the weeknight late night talk market. Existing commercial offerings from 4BC or FM 104.1 are both Sydney/Newcastle-based, and very little music in between calls is broadcast.

1 Like

Is Christian Argenti still presenting Talking Back The Night or has someone else taken over? I know that he has recently gone onto present a music-based program across the network, the exact name of which escapes me right now.

“Greatest Years in Music” is the title of the networked music-based evening program that Christian Argenti currently presents.

1 Like

Yes, Christian Argenti remains the host of Talking Back the Night along with contributions from Nathan Bray.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that the LocalWorks stations (2GO at least) are now doing “Ten in a Row”.

Talking back the night was always good for a laugh! The callers on that program are on par with the whackos on Poppy’s “Straight Talk”

Talking Back the Night was still going at around 12.40 this morning when I tuned in on KO.