Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

yeah I was over on Star then… maybe switching issues when going onto GC feed?

Or are you sure it was AFL? CC Mariners/Ncle Jets game was at Central Coast Stadium at 5.30, usually 2GO do a lot of live stuff from the pre-game.

Yes it was… I crossed checked with MMM.

1 Like

Your ears must be sore…he sounds rough as!

1 Like

Yeah he yells but I’m used to it!

Duncs was up at Maitland yesterday with Mike Byrne, sorry Barry Graham, as part of the 80s Guys Bazza and Duncs at Steamfest. That had to be heard to be believed. Some of the lines and gags were hilarious.

Have to think a switching error then. Cheers.

2CS FM has switched their online stream on. However they have the AFL programme from Triple M Melbourne?

How many SCA stations left to switch online streaming back on?

2GO were airing the AFL again this afternoon… Swans vs West Coast.

Doesn’t sound like a switching error then.

1 Like

Yeah weird.

As far as I can tell, sister station 105.5 Star FM has also commenced it’s online streaming. :wink:

Side note: While understandable, it’s a bit annoying how the SCA stations force you to watch an ad before you can stream station of your choice!

I only listen via apps or Tunein and never have that issue

It also appears from listening tonight that 2CS takes the AFL instead of the NRL. I thought they were part of the ‘Triple M NRL’ network as they get mentioned in Sterlo’s introduction? Bit strange as I consider that part of Australia to be affiliated with League rather then Aussie Rules.

2CS takes the Saturday AFL games only, and I assume take the NRL calls on Monday Night, Thursday Night (when played) and possibly Sunday Afternoon.

The regionals that take the Saturday AFL games in NSW include 2CS, 2RG, 2WG, 2GO (Swans games only).

Yeah it only happens on the website stream and only when there is a suitable advertisement to target the market.
I have however noticed that the Hit stream stations play an advertisement for RadioApp.

2MC FM does the NRL and given that 2MC FM can be heard well into 2CS FM’s coverage area, people can choose which one to listen to.

1 Like

I know I’m not talking about the choice of having NRL & AFL coverage on either station, but another key point-of-difference between the two is that 2MC has a “Classic Hits” format, which focuses on music from the 60s-80s (with some 90s/00s thrown in), whilst 2CS has a “Greatest Hits” format, which covers the 70s/80s to now.

1 Like

Isn’t 2CS Classic Hits as well?

I’m pretty sure 2CS-FM still position themselves as having “The Coffs Coast’s Greatest Hits” (still a few references to that on their website) although I’d probably have to stream them for more than a few moments to confirm that for sure! :slight_smile:

No, 2CS it’s still Greatest Hits Station when I listened via online streaming yesterday.

1 Like

105.1 2GZ FM & 105.9 Star FM Orange still haven’t switched back there online streaming.

I Don’t know if it was a holiday log or not but when I was at Nambucca in January 2MC FM & 2CS FM where using the same music log