Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

All great promos. Love the endtags how Australia number 1 rolls over the screen and the graphics used eg 30 years experience"

Interesting how they claim more Australians wake up with Sunrise, and my personal favourite, Fergo earning his place in the number 1 newsroom in the country. Must have not done a ratings check in a while.

2 Likes

Really like those promos

They are all truly excellent promos, I am impressed Seven News Sydney! Obviously the most evident improvement is if they were ‘Sydney’s number 1’ because let’s be honest, when you are in Sydney/NSW what would you rather hear ‘Australia’s number 1’ or ‘Sydney’s number 1’ ? I know I would be far prefer the latter.

Like the glass effect that mirror those that feature in the opener… Hang on, Seven News Sydney is being consistent? The graphics in the promos are also an improvement to what we see here in Queensland. And now I know there is actually more journalists than just Mark Ferguson :wink: I like these changes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Seven still have a lot to improve on if they want to become Sydney’s #1 news, their content in particular.

From a purely local perspective, I’d definitely prefer to watch the #1 network for news in my city rather than the #1 network for news in the country. Nine Sydney probably should be doing a lot more to hit back at Seven’s “Australia’s #1” promos rather than just a few “Sydney’s #1” end VOs, but that’s for another topic.

Re, the endtag: I reckon that they should consider using that sunset shot in their Opener. Those titlecards with the nighttime footage of Sydney looks pretty silly at this time of year! :confused:

2 Likes

Seven could run some promos with the end tag “Sydney’s Number 1 News this summer” as they have won 7 out of 11 weeks recently. :slight_smile:

But when it comes to ratings period and they aren’t number 1 they will have to revert back. For the time being, they are going to claim that it is better to be Australia’s number 1.

1 Like

I doubt that many viewers determine which news service they watch based on what everyone else is watching so I can’t see anyone watching Seven News switching to Nine because that network says they are number one in Sydney and vice versa. I suspect the main thing these claims do is reinforce current viewers choices.

4 Likes

Agree except the ‘people are making the switch’ tagline, to me, suggests others are making the switch so why don’t you? Sort of playing on people’s fears of being the odd one out - isolated etc. But the number 1 tagline is, yes I agree, is to keep current loyal viewers tuning in.

Very sharp and classy promos. Love them.
Especially love the glass element used in them all. The graphic style seems to have been tweaked too, really like that 3D perspective text on the “Supers” I guess you’d call them.
Would love to see some Melbourne versions of these made.

4 Likes

Exactly. Viewers like what they like. They couldn’t give two hoots what the guy next door is watching.

2 Likes

Network crawler just aired via HSV-7 about missing Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski.

It had a tagline aimed at Ch 9 too, something about “…Melbourne’s only LIVE LOCAL News at 4pm”.

[Aired at 12:05pm during the Disney midday movie]

Meanwhile on ATV-10, just a crawler about Coles and Pokie Machines with “The Project” at the end and on top of the crawler.

4 Likes

The latest Queensland V/O has now been adapted for fill-in anchors Max Futcher and Katrina Blowers. It was poorly down IMO.

Since it’s getting close to Trump’s historic inauguration, did 7 or any other network broadcast Obama’s inauguration in 2009 or 2013?

Did Seven News make any mention of Seven CEO Tim Worner’s alleged illicit affair with a junior staffer? It’s all over the newspapers…

I know Sunrise covered it for 7. I remember Nat and Angela Cox there…

1 Like

And I am seem recall Karl Stefanovic and Robert Penfold for Nine.

Well since Trump has been such a massive social talking point, surely they will have comprehensive coverage this year, although with time differences, this year’s will be on a Saturday

Coverage on ABC 24 is at 3.00 am AEDT

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/abc-news-24/224/98?u=tv.cynic

2009 was covered live by at the very least ABC, 7 and 9.

1 Like