ABC News (Channel)

A single unifying brand is what it’s all about these days - see Nine regionally, and what the Southern Cross Austereo stations are starting to do from middle December. It makes sense marketing wise and in the world now which is full of fragmentation, a single unifying brand is paramount to cut through the noise.

2 Likes

I guess I’m starting to see more where they are coming from

“ABC News” is essentially “on” 24 hours a day - on TV, radio, social and digital. So that one brand is for all platforms.

The TV channel will say “you’re watching ABC News across Australia”, the radio station will say “you’re listening to ABC News” (obviously you are on radio) and when pushing to the 7pm broadcast it will perhaps be “ABC News at 7, on ABC”

it makes sense that the radio, tv, social and digital networks which are on 24 hours a day get the “master” brand of ABC News - and the 7pm broadcast which only runs for 30 minutes is a brand extension of that.

3 Likes

News24 coming from the Sydney 7pm bulletin studio this afternoon?

Bev O’Connor just caught off guard with her hand in her mouth as a report was cut off earlier than she expected.

wat

2 Likes

##abc News Special: US Presidential Inauguration

Saturday 21 January from 3.00am AEDT on ABC 24

On Saturday morning president elect Donald Trump will assume the role of chief executive of the United States and News 24 will have comprehensive coverage of his inauguration.

From 3am (AEDT) we’ll be live in Washington where people of all stripes will attend the ceremony - some to celebrate and others to commiserate.

Planet America hosts John Barron and Chas Licciardello will lead our coverage with context and analysis of the big day.
When Donald Trump replaces Barack Obama in the White House all the eyes of the world will be

Disappointed there are no year in review specials this year. It’s been a big one and the specials they did with Joe O’Brien in 2014 were of the best quality.

I do note The World is doing some specials at 10.30pm AEDT, but other to that - nothing.

If you ask me, the ABC should’ve scheduled some sort of “ABC News: Year In Review” special between coverage of the 9pm and midnight fireworks on the main channel. 2016 has been far too dominated by serious news to joke about it during The Pub Quiz IMO.

So you’re telling me, we can’t lighten the mood up by joking?

why can’t they just do both. Maybe:

7PM ABC News
7:30 ABC News Special: 2016 Review

5 Likes

Does anyone really want to remember this year though? Certainly not in the mood to reminisce.

5 Likes

No excuse. Important changes and issues have happened this year worth remembering…

1 Like

Natasha Exelby presenting tonight.

6 Likes

And much improved since we last saw her on local TV here.

1 Like

Yes, she was great. I recognised her and then the more I watched, I wasn’t sure it actually was her, until she said her name at the end of the bulletin.

Natasha Exelby is now based back in Sydney and has her own media consultancy firm,her LinkedIn profile did say she will maintain a presence in multiple newsrooms across Australia and the globe.
She did say on her Instagram yesterday ABC24 is a wonderful family to be a part of.

2 Likes

Natasha Exelby presented an update on ABC 1. Most likely to present the 11pm bulletin on ABC News 24. I’ll record it.

3 Likes

Yes, she seems very different from her days at Ten.

2 Likes

She’s definitely a lot stronger of a newsreader. Her time at TRT World must have paid off.

1 Like

A few caps:

7 Likes

Any chance of a video?

2 Likes