Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Even better is just before they go into the tight shot and introduce Bill’s name, she rolls her eyes. She seems so p!s*ed.

3 Likes

Hopefully they’ll use the ‘Live from our Brisbane HQ, this is Seven News with KAY MCGRATH and ROD YOUNG’ on Sharyn and Bill one day next year.

5 Likes

Poor Kay!! Probably feels like she is being kicked while down.

Do they use automation at Seven QLD?

1 Like

Is it just me, or has Seven News Brisbane stopped using their tabloid-style ‘Best On…’ transitions these days?

Is that globe no.2 (BTW the globe backdrop behind Ann is really bad in the wideshot. Colours don’t fit and random features located everywhere, and since when was there clouds in outer space?)

2 Likes

They tried so bad to copy Nine with their now old graphics package backdrop and the outcome was pure shit :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Don’t like the blue ticker

If memory serves me right, Fergo was beating GG quite comfortably when Bathie was on weeknights against Pete after Roscoe’s retirement in 2009 until 2011.

1 Like

Guys!! I’m flying to Sydney tonight and that means one thing…Mark Ferguson. I will make popcorn and get cosy for 60 mins. :heart_eyes:

Sydney’s Seven News content, Mark Ferguson’s presentation style, the graphics, and theme have all massively improved in 12 months. Go Seven News and my Mr Fergo

@antonio1987 Mark doesn’t work Friday night :joy:

11 Likes

Do you think an avid fan of Mark’s would not know when he works? Jeez. I’m there for an entire week mate!

For what they’re worth, a few HD caps from tonight’s Seven News Sydney including what I believe is the first time that Michael Usher has been seen presenting the bulletin in HD! :wink:

6 Likes

Are the graphics HD? and if they are do they make em look any better?

1 Like

From the Perth 4.30 News, not much different, just clearer.

1 Like

I think only the live generated graphics are in HD. Pre-recorded bulletin elements (like the Opener, 7 Day Forecast slide on the Weather, etc) and all News Updates are upconverted SD. It’s a similar deal on the national bulletins and on programs like The Morning Show, The Daily Edition and probably Sunrise as well.

I don’t know much about the technical side at Martin Place but I’m guessing that like Ten, Seven currently can only do live camera footage/graphics on it’s Sydney-based news & current affairs programing.

The graphics obviously look clearer when they’re in native HD, but I don’t think I’d say that they look that much better in 1080i compared to how things are in 576i.

1 Like

Apologies if I missed this somewhere (you can tell that I rarely ever watch Seven these days but decided to for the HD running at the moment, can’t you?) but how long has Seven News been airing local news updates at/around 10.30pm for? Sydney’s Late Update tonight was presented by Sean Berry and included use of a localised “News Update” titlecard which I don’t think I’ve seen before:

There was also a brief look at local weather at the end and interestingly, the endtag was the one from the “Michael Usher joins Seven News” promos with Fergo & Usher:

5 Likes

At least a year from memory. The content is usually pretty much identical just with the Sydney stories brought to the top, local weather and a local backdrop.

We also get a local update at 9:30 as well. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think Nine still does national style updates at 9:30 and 10:30 in Sydney?

2 Likes

Someone get me a barf bag.

2 Likes

Some of the more recent promos to come out of Seven News Sydney. I presume there are more of these, but here’s what I’ve captured so far.

30 Second Promo - Generic
30 Second Promo - David Brown’s Weather “Sydney’s only news meteorologist” - I wonder what Graham Creed thinks of that claim?
[20 Second Promo - Mark Ferguson] (https://youtu.be/xNHd8NVHris) - I’m sure that Media Spy’s resident fan of Fergo will enjoy that one! :wink:
10 Second Promo - Mike Amor

The same endtag animation is used on all of these, of course:

10 Likes