Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Where the presenter sits makes zero difference to the content of the show. It’d still all be controlled centrally.

I couldn’t think of a more ‘switch-off’ educing duo in the morning.
Can Ben just decide if he wants to be rightwing shock-jock or a proper TV journalist!

CONFIRMED: Lara Vella is the new Early News presenter, replacing Julie Snook. She will start in the coming few weeks.

Source?

Lara Vella’s twitter account has this beneath her name: @9NewsAus Early Edition

[quote=“lepatron, post:460, topic:101, full:true”]
Wendy will be missed but given she moved to Queensland maybe she will take up a role in the Brisbane or Gold Coast newsroom and occasional national fill-in?
[/quote] I would be more than pleased if she anchored the weekend news, hosted the Local daytime News, present a possible future weekend local Gold Coast news, present the local news (replacing Win News) for Queensland or present local news for Queensland for Today (like Today Perth News). So many possibilities for such a talented presenter.

[quote=“Wade, post:233, topic:148, full:true”]
Lara Vella’s twitter account has this beneath her name: @9NewsAus Early Edition
[/quote] She has always had that ever since she started to fill-in.

Congratulations to Aislin Kriukelis who has announced that she is pregnant with her first child.

Something in the water there over at 9, especially if you appear on the Today show :grin:

1 Like

Ben Fordham presenting the morning news today

Nine News Sydney reporter Mark Burrows is presenting today’s Morning and Afternoon News…has he ever presented a full news bulletin before?

1 Like

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:239, topic:148, full:true”]
Nine News Sydney reporter Mark Burrows is presenting today’s Morning and Afternoon News…has he ever presented a full news bulletin before?
[/quote] The Morning News Opener. He didn’t do too bad- much better than Ben Fordham that’s for sure- but sure there are other staff? Jayne Azzopardi, Peter Stefanovic, Natalia Cooper, Deborah Knight or Brett McLeod?

gosh you are young.
He’s previously been a regular morning news presenter (a role shared with Kim Watkins) and he was also news presenter for Today On Saturday.

4 Likes

Ben Fordham presented Thursday Morning News with Mark Burrows on Afternoon News.

1 Like

Georgie Gardner is presenting tonight’s Nine News Sydney.

1 Like

I noticed Tim Arvier has been reporting from the US this week.

Ayrton Woolley is working for ABC Local Radio today, as boundary reporter for the AFL match between Carlton and Geelong.

Amelia Adams is back presenting Morning & Afternoon News today .

Monday:
Morning & Afternoon-Amelia Adams
Tuesday:
Morning-Ben Fordham
Afternoon-Amelia Adams
Wednesday:
Morning-Amelia Adams
Afternoon-Mark Burrows
Thursday:
Morning-Ben Fordham
Afternoon-Amelia Adams
Friday
Morning-Deb Knight

1 Like

Amelia Adams today announced that she is pregnant with her second child.

3 Likes

Aww, congrats to Amelia Adams. :slight_smile:

As for the inevitable speculation about a maternity leave fill-in for Amelia, personally I hope (although realistically it probably won’t happen, with her new role on Weekend Today and all) that Jayne Azzopardi gets the role!

Thursday (02.06.16)- Friday (03.06.16): Kate Creedon presented the Early News.

[quote=“mattrobts, post:247, topic:148, full:true”]
Amelia Adams today announced that she is pregnant with her second child.
[/quote] Hence all the mornings off. Congrats anyways to Amelia.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:248, topic:148”]
As for the inevitable speculation about a maternity leave fill-in for Amelia, personally I hope… that Jayne Azzopardi gets the role!
[/quote] As you mentioned, Jayne is unlikely to get the role given due to her commitments to Today. Other than the summer-fill-ins, I expect Davina Smith to have returned by early 2017. As for Nine News Now, the current system of Amber Sherlock/Natalia Cooper I suspect will continue.

1 Like

Neil Breen is presenting Sport on Nine News Sydney tonight.

1 Like