Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Amelia Adams is back presenting Morning & Afternoon News today .

Monday:
Morning & Afternoon-Amelia Adams
Tuesday:
Morning-Ben Fordham
Afternoon-Amelia Adams
Wednesday:
Morning-Amelia Adams
Afternoon-Mark Burrows
Thursday:
Morning-Ben Fordham
Afternoon-Amelia Adams
Friday
Morning-Deb Knight

1 Like

Amelia Adams today announced that she is pregnant with her second child.

3 Likes

Aww, congrats to Amelia Adams. :slight_smile:

As for the inevitable speculation about a maternity leave fill-in for Amelia, personally I hope (although realistically it probably won’t happen, with her new role on Weekend Today and all) that Jayne Azzopardi gets the role!

Thursday (02.06.16)- Friday (03.06.16): Kate Creedon presented the Early News.

[quote=“mattrobts, post:247, topic:148, full:true”]
Amelia Adams today announced that she is pregnant with her second child.
[/quote] Hence all the mornings off. Congrats anyways to Amelia.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:248, topic:148”]
As for the inevitable speculation about a maternity leave fill-in for Amelia, personally I hope… that Jayne Azzopardi gets the role!
[/quote] As you mentioned, Jayne is unlikely to get the role given due to her commitments to Today. Other than the summer-fill-ins, I expect Davina Smith to have returned by early 2017. As for Nine News Now, the current system of Amber Sherlock/Natalia Cooper I suspect will continue.

1 Like

Neil Breen is presenting Sport on Nine News Sydney tonight.

1 Like

Deb Knight presenting Friday Morning & Afternoon News her first news bulletins since returning from maternity leave.

2 Likes

[quote=“Salty, post:251, topic:148, full:true”]
Deb Knight presenting Friday Morning & Afternoon News her first news bulletins since returning from maternity leave.
[/quote] Just caught up on the bulletins, it was great to see Deb back anchoring. For what it is worth, here are some caps of Deb’s first time on the modified set, IIRC:

3 Likes

Monday (06.06.16) - Friday (10.06.16): Vicky Jardim is presenting the Early News and isn’t she horrible. She. reads. like. a . robot.

2 Likes

Poor Vic, always cops a lot of flack in her about her presenting style. Great reporter, but agree, does struggle in studio.

3 Likes

Morning & Afternoon Newsreaders:

Monday 6th June:
Morning & Afternoon-Mark Burrows

Tuesday 7th June
Morning-Ben Fordham*
Afternoon-Amelia Adams

Wednesday 8th June
Morning & Afternoon-Amelia Adams

*Ben Fordham seems to be the regular presenter on Tuesday and Thursday Morning News.

1 Like

What has Mark come as with those glasses? :nerd_face:

Somebody who might need glasses to see well, maybe?

I clearly am referring to the design.

[quote=“Salty, post:255, topic:148”]
Ben Fordham seems to be the regular presenter on Tuesday and Thursday Morning News.
[/quote] Yes he is, he replaced what Jayne Azzopardi was doing earlier in the year.

[quote=“nationalnews, post:231, topic:148, full:true”]
Lara Vella is the new Early News presenter, replacing Julie Snook. She will start in the coming few weeks.
[/quote] UPDATE: Lara Vella has been promoted to the permanent Today Sydney Reporter, replacing Chris Urquhart, earlier this month so I am unsure who will take Snooki’s place permanently.

1 Like
3 Likes

Probably rotating round of presenters… etc Tim Davies, Kate Creedon & Vicky Jardim.

2 Likes

[quote=“HarbourSideTv, post:261, topic:148, full:true”]
Probably rotating round of presenters… etc Tim Davies, Kate Creedon & Vicky Jardim.
[/quote] That is likely but I would also like to see inter-state reporters given the chance to presenter or present to a national audience- Dougal Beatty, Alexis Daish, Seb Costello, Kerrie Yaxley, Elise Baker (now at TCN), Ben Avery, Tracy Vo, Joel Dry, Aislin Kriukelis and Sophie Walsh.

Personally I think that Nine (and indeed all networks) should use whatever Sydney-based presenting talent available and capable of reading a news bulletin to present the Early News (or any bulletin for that matter) before presenters from interstate need to be considered.

While I’m here, you might be interested to know that Deborah Knight presented Nine’s semi-national Morning News and presumably will also be reading the semi-national Afternoon News later today.

3 Likes

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:263, topic:148”]
Personally I think that Nine … should use whatever Sydney-based presenting talent available and capable of reading a news bulletin to present the … before presenters from interstate need to be considered.
[/quote] Any other bulletin and I would agree. However, the tradition of the Early News is to allow up-coming talent the opportunity to have a go at presenting. QTQ, GTV, NWS and STW news departments haven’t really got a bulletin available to expose these reporters. IMO the Early News is the perfect place ( do what Seven Afternoon News was doing post-Melissa Doyle and Pre-Ann Sanders, rotate across 2-4 weeks).

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:263, topic:148”]
Deborah Knight presented Nine’s semi-national Morning News and presumably will also be reading the semi-national Afternoon News later today.
[/quote] Great news, good to hear she is back in the role.

For what it’s worth here is Julie Snook’s final bulletin on Nine’s Early Edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClEOg5I_l3o

1 Like