Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Looks like everyone here was right with Amelia Adams back on Morning & Afternoon News today.

2 Likes

Melbourne reporter Seb Costello was reporting from Gallipoli for Anzac day service, he then headed to London to fill in for Tom Steinfort who had returned home for a short break. Tom returning back to London today.

1 Like

Jayne Azzopardi presented Tuesday Morning News with Amelia Adams presenting Afternoon News.

1 Like

Tim Gilbert is presenting Sport on Nine News Sydney tonight.

Gilbert also presented last night.

Nice to see Overton on location in Canberra tonight, unlike the desk jockey over at Seven.

I used to love the pics of Overton and Bath presenting metres away from each other outside Parliament House on budget night. Perhaps Ferguson was scared of running into the guy who took his job at Nine.

[quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:208, topic:148, full:true”]
Tim Gilbert is presenting Sport on Nine News Sydney tonight.
[/quote] Good choice, IMO.[quote=“NewsWeary, post:209, topic:148”]
Nice to see Overton on location in Canberra tonight, unlike the desk jockey over at Seven.
[/quote] So did Nine News present the entire bulletin from Canberra? If so, I am on Seven’s side. Certainly not necessary to do the entire bulletin from Canberra. I know Overton is doing the budget special tonight, but surely Georgie Gardner could do the ‘rest of the days news’ in studio.

I personally think that Nine made the right decision. Definitely from a content perspective too, unlike Seven News Sydney who lead with the news of the Parramatta Eels Salary Cap Breach in the NRL!

1 Like

Bath, Sully and Overton were within cooee of each other a few years ago.

2 Likes

Melbourne sports presenter Tony Jones celebrates 30 years in the Nine newsroom this week.

2 Likes

[quote=“30 years with Nine for Tony Jones, topic:148, full:true”]
In recent years Jones has also served as summer anchor for Nine News when Peter Hitchener takes holidays.

“I make no bones about the fact that that’s [my] next step…"

TV Tonight
[/quote] There you go. And IMO, this image is a promo in the making “Melbourne’s number 1 news with Tony Jones, tonight at 6”…

2 Likes

Early

Monday (02.05.16)- Friday (06.05.16): Lara Vella presenting. Does anyoneknow when Julie finishes presenting the Early News?

Morning/Afternoon

National (06.05.16) Peter Stefanovic is presenting this Friday.
Queensland (06.05.16) Joel Dry reading the local editions.

James Talia was back on Nine News tonight

2 Likes

[quote=“Crispy, post:216, topic:148, full:true”]
James Talia was back on Nine News tonight
[/quote] For Nine News Melbourne or national? GTV should get him back, he was a good presenter from what I recall.

@nationalnews looking at twitter it seems James has returned to Nine Melbourne after a 5 year break.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what he was doing for those 5 years? Didn’t he fill-in for Jo Hall once

He was media manager at City of Melbourne and also worked as media advisor for Vic Government.

1 Like

Monday (09.05.16): Kate Creedon presented the Early News this morning.

Apparently, Amelia Adams presents the Afternoon News Mon-Thur and the Morning News Monday and Wednesday. Jayne Azzopardi does the Morning News on Tuesday and Thursday. #confusing.

Julie Snook is presenting Nine Early News for the last time tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Since May 2 until Friday 13th, the Morning News presenters have been:

Monday: Amelia Adams
Tuesday: Jayne Azzopardi
Wednesday: Amelia Adams
Thursday: Jayne Azzopardi
Friday: either Peter Stefanovic or Jayne Azzopardi

*Amelia Adams however, mostly likely due to contract agreement with hours worked, still presents the Afternoon News Monday-Thursday.

However, according to Jayne Azzopardi things will be different next week.

Even though she is joining the sports department, I would like to see Julie Snook present the Morning News (including Fridays) until Davina returns from maternity leave. Keep Amelia Adams on the Afternoon News and Nine News Now. Then once Smith returns, return back to previous schedules. At least this would be a little more consistent and IMO Julie Snook would indeed be very capable of the role. I know this is highly unlikely to happen.

1 Like

I dont think that would happen. Julie is taking up a Sports reporting role at the network.

1 Like