Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Kate Collins presented Adelaide’s Nine News tonight.

1 Like

And Brenton Ragless this Sunday. I have noticed that Nine News Adelaide have been doing better over the past few weekends with the main anchors presenting.

1 Like

I find the main anchors in Adelaide great! Will McDonald is OK (to what i’ve seen) pretty much gets to the point. Kate & Brenton get on and banter more then we get with Mark Ferguson in Sydney! Anyway I’m getting off topic now. :slight_smile:

I find them okay (Kate’s reading style is actually similar to that of Wendy Kingston IMO). Will McDonald isn’t the best either and is probably suited to daytime reading not the flagship bulletin.

Here is Adelaide’s Local Afternoon News with the updated graphics and the new backdrop:

1 Like

But Jane and John over on Seven is Greater!

1 Like

Casey Lawrence presented Monday - Wednesday Early News .

1 Like

she’s Casey something-else now - along with Cassandra Wallace and a few others, heaps of weddings at Nine recently!

2 Likes

Just saw what she’s posted to Twitter of her read this morning. Good diction and rounding of vowels. She ‘gets it’.

1 Like

Don’t like them at all! :confused:

1 Like

Tuesday (15.11.16)- Friday (18.11.16): Melissa Downes anchoring solo on Nine News Brisbane.

Tim Davies presented Thursday & Friday Early News.

1 Like

Thursday (17.11.16):

1 Like

For those that suggested that it is possible that Amber Sherlock will be replaced next year as weather presenter on Nine News Sydney, IMO I think she is in the clear for now. With Ken Sutcliffe retiring at the end of the year, Nine News Sydney needs stability right now.

1 Like

There seems to be a gradual, but major generational change happening at Nine News. The retirement of Ken Sutcliffe is all but one example of that.

I agree, although I personally think that the retirement of Ken Sutcliffe will just delay rather than completely rule out the possibility of Amber Sherlock receiving a more regular national presenting role (and Belinda Russell becoming Sydney’s main weather presenter) in the future.

As it’s been said before, Nine Sydney has generally changed it’s weather presenters on a not too infrequent basis since the early 2000s. Georgie Gardner, Jaynie Seal and Natalie Gruslewski all moved onto something else (whether at Nine News or otherwise) after a relatively short time presenting weather on Nine Sydney compared to their news/sports presenting counterparts. Unfortunately, I can’t see Amber Sherlock being a major break from that tradition.

Just for the record, I personally think that Amber Sherlock is a far better weather presenter than Belinda Russell. While I’m sure Belinda’s a lovely person, she isn’t one of the best presenters currently at Nine News IMO.

3 Likes

Well unfortunately for her, her job isn’t to be a nice person. I do agree, Belinda Russell is a shocking presenter both at news and weather reading. As this forum regularly discusses, there are a heap better weather presenters at Nine to fulfil the role.

2 Likes

Former Nine presenter Kyrrie Blenkinsop has announced that she will be returning down under! (in a recent Instagram post) It will be interesting to see if she will return to Nine or join another network! Always liked her reporting & presenting! :smile:

2 Likes

Kyrrie was great on the Early News hopefully she will return to working in the media one day down the track.She became a mother about 3 or 4 month ago so l assume motherhood will be her priority for now anyway.She is moving back to Australia at the end of January next year after three years overseas.

2 Likes

If Amber was ever to leave l think Natalia Cooper would be the perfect replacement.

2 Likes

She would be. That’s what she was doing at STW and the TVW early in her career (as well as fill in presenter when she was at STW). She was good at it and quite popular.

2 Likes