Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

I wouldn’t be surprised if you saw more of Natalia on Today replacing Steve Jacobs. I’d suggest Sophie Walsh for the weather role in Sydney. Did a great job in QLD.

1 Like

Alicia Loxley reading the 5pm news today.

4 Likes

Doesn’t she usually read the 5pm news?

Alicia normally does just Saturday’s Brett McLeod does Sunday’s.

1 Like

Clint Stanaway looks to be in Sydney tonight.

No, he’s in Melbourne, just on the other side of the news desk for some reason…

2 Likes

Darren Curtis solo this weekend on Nine News Brisbane.

Airlie Walsh presented Early News this week.

1 Like

D!ckhead reporter. Great talent in the works from 9 Adelaide. Would be great footage for a seven promo.

Isn’t that what all reporters do though? And this isn’t the first time this has happened, the Protea’s security guy also shoved Melbourne reporter, Corey Norris yesterday.

5 Likes

sure would… “While Nine chases the story, Seven is nowhere to be seen” - oh. Doesn’t fit the narrative does it.

1 Like

He asked a question with a microphone like every other reporter in Australia and the world would do.

Give it a break you goose.

2 Likes

Peter Stefanovic presenting Friday Morning News.

1 Like

Peter Hitchener starts his holidays next week and will return in early January next year.

5 Likes

Hitch usually goes on holidays and returns earlier than any other major news presenter in Australia, right? :slight_smile:

Here in Sydney, I’m guessing that we’ll have the usual roster of fill-ins for news & weather over Summer. As far as Sport is concerned, I wonder if we’ll see Cameron Williams presenting throughout the break (apart from the Christmas/New Year period of course) to familiarise him again with a Nine News Sydney audience who hasn’t seen Cam on their screens for much of 2016?

2 Likes

Yeap he returned in the first few days of January this year.

2 Likes

Yes,and in Melbourne other network newsreaders still working until later next month.

Hitch normally starts his holidays in the first week in December and returns first week in January.

1 Like

Andrew Lofthouse was wearing normal dress pants (and not jeans) on QTQ last night.

1 Like

So I guess we can expect TJ to fill in for him during the time. But why can’t they put Alicia on weekdays when Hitch is away?

I assume Tony Jones and Brett McLeod will fill-in with Dougal Beatty over Christmas/Boxing Day weekend.

[quote=“Tom_TV7, post:846, topic:148”]
But why can’t they put Alicia on weekdays when Hitch is away?
[/quote] IIRC, Alicia has only ever presented the weeknight news once. Why? Probably the same reason, I believe Rebecca Maddern should be appointed the weekend news anchor in the coming years, before replacing Hitch. I love Alicia on Today and love her presenting national bulletins but from what I have seen, she hasn’t got the criteria to become Nine’s main anchor for Melbourne when Hitch retires. Is it a matter of working with Alicia to improve her or is it better to get someone who has proven to perform? I don’t know.