WTFAQ (nee No Stupid Question)

A Current Affair had a report last night on Kirsten who named her son Methamphetamine Rules, “in the name of journalism” after many viewers submitted questions about baby names and what parents could legally call their child.

1 Like

The segment is available on You Tube.

1 Like

This was such a stupid experiment, ruining her child’s life for a segment in a show no one watches.

1 Like

Ruined her life? That’s a bit melodramatic. :joy:

1 Like

wdym? Forever the kid’s birth certificate will have “Meth Rules” on it and whenever it applies for anything it will have to declare previous names.

Lol. It won’t be forever. It’s something that can be changed.

Plus, a lot of people go by a different name to what is on their birth certificate, as in my case. It can be an alternative name, a shortening of a name, a nickname or a middle name.

I know I’m not saying the kid will go by that name, but that is the name on their certificate that they’ll have to declare for passports and medical stuff.

Unless the name is changed which I suspect would happen soon enough.

No I know but if you change your name it stays on your birth certificate under “previous names”.

AFAIK, it is being processed as a correction rather than an offical name change, so it won’t be recorded as a former name on the birth certificate.

2 Likes

Enjoyed the segment that tried to answer “Where is Summer Bay supposed to be?” with guest presenter Mitch McTaggart using his The Back Side of Television approach to provide an answer. He made particular use of the number of floods, bush fires, cyclones, car accidents and an earthquake that feature in the show :smile:

3 Likes

This has been the best segment of the show so far. Most of the rest of the longer segments have been all a bit try hard. Chaz’s segment on sperm counts was just unnecessarily vulgar :confused:
Can’t see this getting renewed at this rate …

1 Like

Episode 8 (season finale)

Wednesday 18 October 9:00 PM

Why do Greek statues have such small genitals? What will be the last job taken over by AI? How did people wake up before alarm clocks? Do butterflies remember being caterpillars? And more!