Wollongong Radio

Grant was newsreader for The Edge/CADA

2 Likes

Former Wave FM workday announcer, Michael ā€˜MJā€™ Brokenbrough, has moved to Nova 96.9 in Sydney, where he has taken on the role as Operations Manager for Sydney & the Nova Network.

6 Likes

2WYR/music fm have a single mixed pole on the western side of the tower not very visible in the picture

7bfb42172f98c8808dc9c38b0a59ee9cfffcd865_2_750x1000.jpeg

5 Likes

Great spotting, it looks like all the community fm antennas are actually higher up on the tower than 2ST.

2ST has the highest licenced antenna height of then all.

2 Likes

This is old news. Heā€™s been there a while now.

New news to here, wasnā€™t posted earlier.

3 Likes
3 Likes

i98FM Christmas ID

6 Likes

Brilliant. SCA shouldā€™ve done more localised content like this for their regional TV and radio stations.

4 Likes

Love this a lot!

i98FM are counting down the 100 Hits of 2022 today (New Years Day).

Wouldnā€™t it make more sense to count them down on New Years Eve?

4 Likes
3 Likes

Wave 96.5 has a new managerā€¦

1 Like

Hope it can be more like 2ST with the music format.

1 Like

I actually didnā€™t mind the format when Wendy was in charge :man_shrugging:

According to this post on the ARN Regional thread, Gavin Flanagan is the new GM for Wave FM, replacing Joel Gosper, who has moved up north to New FM Newcastle to present drive. Prior to his new role, he was GM for 2ST/Power FM from just down the road. He also holds the role of Area Lead for ARN Regionalā€™s NSW stations.

2 Likes

I would put the Power100 rock format on Wave if I was in charge. Youā€™d have to ditch the ā€˜Wave FMā€™ branding though as it doesnā€™t suit a rock station. Obviously Power 965 canā€™t be used. Although, Wollongong is much more than ā€˜Steel Cityā€™ these days so Iā€™m not sure how popular a very male skewed rock station would be there.

3 Likes

Just gets me thinking, if 9 purchases the WIN network and i98 is sold to Grant, what does Grant do with the programming of Wave and i98?

Would they sacrifice the ratings of i98 to make Wave number one by putting i98 on the 2ST or Power 100, log or keep i98 similar on the Wave log.

1 Like

Good question. Iā€™m picturing the jumble that is K-rock & Bay FM.

1 Like

I would put the Power100 rock format on Power94.9 as a clear point of difference.

Given the overlap of WaveFM, those who do not prefer rock could do to 96.5FM.

1 Like