Wheel of Fortune Australia

Very interesting, I’m always fascinated by shows that are piloted but never picked up for series that aren’t ever made public. I don’t mean the pilot itself, more so just the news I guess.

What’s Grant Denyer doing these days? Or Beau Ryan?

Jokes aside, i actually forgot that this is returning, albeit it being a short-run version by Graham Norton.

10 does need new content on the back of most weeks throughout the year. How many episodes have been made for this? 6? 8?

1 Like

Yeah, heaps of fun, but they stayed as the original half hour format. Wheel as an hour is quite a different proposition.

1 Like

First look at the UK Set which the will be using

1 Like

Has a letter turner been announced, or is it all automatic now?

looks like a fantastic production…

Not to mention the US version is currently airing on Arena on Foxtel.

Not sure for this version however America is an automated board with Vanna White ‘touching’ a lit up square to reveal the letter.

3 Likes

I think, given there has been no announcement made as to a letter turner for either ITV1’s or 10’s version, it’s more than likely that the board will be fully automated on both.

2 Likes

Fully automated, the new set looks spectacular and Graham brings a lot of energy, the UK version is very, very slick. Far better than any game show we make.

3 Likes

UK reviews are criticizing the current format as being “Americanized” and “dated,” with concerns raised about Norton’s suitability for hosting game shows. Many voices within the audience are advocating for STV to take charge of producing the show once again, expressing dissatisfaction with Whisper North’s handling of the format.

1 Like

Yeah, and they’re probably comparing it to the UK version of the 90s which was cheap and horrible itself.

Apart from some dopey puzzles and categories, the American version is far superior.

3 Likes

Watched the first ep today. Ehh it was OK, looked fantastic and I thought Graham was fine, but just seemed too long - I get that networks need to make shows an hour long for cost reasons these days but I miss the snappy pace of a 30 min show

2 Likes

One episode for a full hour? Or 2 episodes combined into one hour?

1 Like

I watched the new hour-long Jeopardy with Stephen Fry and it did not seem to bloated compared to the US version. Maybe we are becoming used to 60 minute game shows like The Chase and Tipping Point.

Will give Wheel a go and see.

3 Likes

Yeah and these are the same ones who want to bring back Bullseye.

1 Like

Off topic but I think ITV has reportedly discussed bringing Bullseye back with Paddy McGuiness as host…Maybe audiences really “can’t beat a bit of Bully” Maybe it’s because of the PDC and Luke Littler or maybe viewers just prefer ‘simple TV’.

Will this one hour version of Wheel Of Fortune be on Channel 10?

Yep. Have a read up of this thread ^

I’ve watched some episodes of the US version and the format is somewhat different from the boring Australian version from the years past. Hopefully this new UK based Australian version is more vibrant.

The only problem with the US is the host. He’s such an asshole to the contestants. Upon researching him, I found out he’s an extreme right wing conservative.

1 Like