US Television

No word on Agent Carter either. Hayley Atwell told CinemaBlend she didn’t expect to find out the fate of the show until the upfronts in May. She has also signed on for an upcoming pilot called Conviction.

Nathan Fillion hasn’t been signed yet.

There are several shows like Nashville, Last Man Standing, The Muppets, Agent Carter, and Galivant also not decided yet.

Into the Badlands, loosely based on A Journey to the West and starring Daniel Wu, has been renewed for the second season.

1 Like

I haven’t caught this show yet is it any good?

In the CBS version of Upper Middle Bogan, Australian actor Poppy Montgomery has been cast in the lead role according to Deadline

Alos reporting that Australian Matt Passmore former star of Satisfaction also has a new role in a CW pilot.

I really enjoyed the short first season.

Royal Pains that gets an occasional late night run here on Seven has been cancelled.

Aussies Patrick Brammall and Poppy Montgomery have joined the US adaptation of Upper Middle Bogan, now called Furst Born. Brammall plays Danny in both original and US versions.

The CW has renewed all 11 shows it has shown so far this season: The 100, Arrow, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Flash, iZombie, Jane the Virgin, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Originals, Reign, Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries.

CBS has announced the premiere, return and finale dates for many of its shows. Both Person of Interest and The Odd Couple will air twice per week in May. More details can be found here

Person Of Interest is to end after 5 Seasons - seen here most recently on Nine.

:cry:

Latest renewal is for Gotham for a third season.

The latest new drama from ABC US Of Kings And Prophets has been cancelled after just 2 episodes went to air! The 2nd episode got an abysmal 0.5 18-49 rating, almost unheard of for one of the big 4 networks.

IMDB description of the show:

A biblical drama centered around a battle-weary king, a powerful and resentful prophet, and a resourceful young shepherd.

It scored a 38% from Rotten Tomatoes. :tomato:

Deadline reports 25-year-old Lucas Till (Havok in the X-Men movie franchise) will play the title role in the CBS reboot of MacGyver. The reboot will be a prequel to the original series starring Richard Dean Anderson.

Fox has renewed 2 comedies Last Man Of Earth (last seen here on One) and Brooklyn Nine-Nine (SBS).

Is SBS still showing this? I’ve only seen the first two seasons.

I don’t think they have shown season 3. There was a lot of criticism of scheduling a mainstream US sitcom on SBS2. It was part of the channel’s relaunch and didn’t produce any improvement in the ratings.

I saw a reply on the SBS Facebook page that said it would show season three in April (or it may have said May). It was a while ago, so plans may have changed.

CBS has renewed 11 shows for the 2016-2017 season. They are:
2 Broke Girls
The Amazing Race
Blue Bloods
Elementary
Hawaii Five-0
Madam Secretary
Mom
NCIS: Los Angeles
NCIS: New Orleans
Scorpion
Survivor

No words yet on Criminal Minds nor CSI: Cyber.

Crime Watch Daily, hosted by ex-Ten journalist Matt Moran (who also co-hosted Wanted with Sandra Sully), has been nominated for Outstanding Special Class Series in this year’s Daytime Emmy Awards. The awards will be held in Beverly Hills on May 1 but will not be televised due to lack of sponsorship.