US Television

Star Trek’s on appearance on FTA in US market is driving subscriptions to CBS All Access.

1 Like

Not wrong.

1 Like

A question that has left the mouths of many

2 Likes

Popular 90s drama Party of Five will get a reboot. This time however it will focus on a first-generation Latino family who have immigrated to the US.

They just need to stop remaking these shows. They mostly flop hard. Enough!

1 Like
1 Like

I wonder if this leads to anything.

The upcoming sixth season of Major Crimes (which airs here on 9Gem) will be its last. It will finish with 105 episodes in total.
ABC has ordered a full 22-episode season for new drama The Good Doctor, starring Freddie Highmore, after good ratings for the first two episodes.

Fox has extended the second season of Star from 13 to 18 episodes.

Apple is close to a deal to make 10 new episodes of Steven Spielberg’s 1980s science fiction anthology series “Amazing Stories".

When I was in high school in Melbourne, there was a fill-in teacher who often played Amazing Stories on VHS tape to my class just to pass time.

Mark time or pass time?

1 Like

Pass time. The fill-in teacher normally taught history. I think he played Amazing Stories because he ran out of teaching material every class.

But he could have spent that time teaching you the difference between marking time and passing time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

CBS has ordered a full season of SEAL Team, starring David Boreanaz (Bones). The initial order of 13 episodes has been extended by nine.

CBS All Access has renewed Star Trek: Discovery for a second season.
Showtime has renewed Ray Donovan for a sixth season. However the new season will move to New York from Los Angeles where the drama was based in the first five years.

E! has reportedly renewed its production deal with the Kardashian family, meaning Keeping Up with Kardashians has been extended to 2020.

Not shocked or surprised? That’s terrible news. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep. We can keep watching Kim’s arse and Kayne’s ego continue to sag. Or explode. :joy:

1 Like

And so the US begins its long slippery road down the path of centralised “local” news and TV production…

2 Likes

Sinclair certainly getting its money’s worth out of sucking up to Trump…