US Television

How I Met Your Father, a spin-off to How I Met Your Mother, is finally going ahead.

1 Like

The first trailer for Nine Perfect Strangers, starring Nicole Kidman, Melissa McCarthy, Asher Keddie and Samara Weaving, was released during the US telecast of the Academy Awards today. The mini-series was filmed in Byron Bay from August to December last year.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: US Television Ratings

UPDATE: WarnerMedia’s NHL deal confirmed.

2 Likes
1 Like

:hear_no_evil: seriously what the fuck?

It’s been done before:

As teenagers: The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show

As adults - I Yabba-Dabba Do! movie

I guess if Seth McFarlane’s not gonna do it…

Showtime has released the first trailer for the 10-part revival of Dexter, starring Michael C. Hall.

1 Like

NBC is shutting down NBCSN by the end of 2021. In related news, it will not be broadcasting NHL when the current contract expires. Future of the EPL on NBC is unclear.

1 Like

IIRC Nine showed Night Court in a late night timeslot in the late 1980s and early 1990s.

2 Likes

NBC drama La Brea begins filming at Bay Street in Port Melbourne at midnight Monday (May 3). The initial street closure will last for 72 hours, with more to come in the coming months.

Notice to traders and closure area

Untitled2
Casting info on La Brea, which is co-produced by Universal Television and Keshet Studios.

UPDATE 3/5: La Brea was lured to Melbourne via a $9.66 million grant from the Federal Government’s Location Incentive Program.

1 Like

Sinkhole? You could film in the Hunter, plenty of big holes there. :rofl:

1 Like

… the production company must have heard Neil Jillett’s line about Melbourne being “the perfect place to make a film about the end of the world” …

I’m fairly sure Ten had the early episodes. Didn’t watch it regularly but the Bull character fascinated me for some reason.

2 Likes

Yes. I remember it screening in prime time after Cheers. It wasn’t popular though and was either moved to late night or shown over summer.