US Presidential Election - Election Day 2016

Makes me wonder if ABC is going to go to its scheduled bulletin or not?

ABV going to 7PM news now.

Start of 6pm news bulletins in Queensland on Seven and Nine held for the Trump speech.

1 Like

Pete H just signing off Melbourne and going back to Donald.

2 Likes

Pete Overton continuing the coverage instead of ACA.

7 News Melbourne running overtime.

2 Likes

Unusual to see Peter Mitchell providing live off the cuff rolling coverage. He has now thrown back to sport with Tim Watson. Highly unusual, in fact I have never seen it before.

2 Likes

Someone in Seven News Brisbane has a sense of humour - not sure if it would be appreciated by many today though.

3 Likes

Nightly News radio simulcasts around the place were thrown a curve-ball by the continuing speech.

River 94.9 (9 News Brisbane) had the drive presenter come on and say “they would play some music until the news was ready, since that Trump guy is rambling on”.
Juice (Gold Coast) cut out of the local 9 Gold Coast bulletin because they went to the speech halfway through the bulletin - saying they were having “technical difficulties” and have been playing music since.
Hope (Sydney) and Light FM (Melbourne) both opted out of the speech at 7pm even with the 9 News bulletins in those cities continuing.

Seven News Sydney and Melbourne finished at 7:15.

5 Likes

Nine news live from Sydney set in Melbourne at the moment.

5 Likes

I bet SCA is fu****, and worse if WIN was doing it’s 7PM news

3 Likes

Some randoms

2 Likes

9 just went to a sponsor board that said ‘This Weather Report’

Looks like a playout issue there.

ACA starting at 7:30.

1 Like

CNN still running with their A team despite it being 3.30am

2 Likes

It’s not every day a racist gets elected to lead the free world.

You can watch terrible drama anytime.

In Queensland - Seven News running overtime, finished at 7.09pm.
While ACA on Nine started at 7pm as scheduled.

1 Like

24 Likes

I think that wins the award for “Best Screencapture of 2016”! :smiley:

7 Likes

I thought Studio Ten and Eye Witness News did quite a good job, I was flicking between it and ABC. I was pleased they continued coverage into Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth even though Sydney and Melbourne stopped - something I noticed Seven didn’t do.

2 Likes

Yeah, very awkward watching it live with Pete staring for a solid 10 seconds!