US and Canadian Radio

To cut costs. Its parent company Bell Canada announced last Friday it will cut 4800 jobs.

3 Likes

Would be great to see such diversity added to the Australian market.

4 Likes

I was flicking through US radio stations in the iHeart Radio app the other night and streamed a few (using a VPN… ahem).

Came across a Classic Hits station called 3WS (94.5 in Pittsburgh PA).
Was very surprised to see an Australian style callsign used in America.

There is also a Triple M over there too! See below, also a rock station by the looks of it (didn’t listen to it though).

wmmm

3 Likes

I bet their Triple M would be a better rock station, which is depressing.

I think the 3WS is actually WWSW as the callsign. Or it was originally. WWSW is quite a mouthful :joy:

5 Likes

I just checked… You’re close, it’s WWSW, I didn’t think that it could be something like that, I just thought to myself someone there has taken some inspiration from our simple AM callsigns!

3 Likes

Triple GWN of the 90’s would fit in well with that logo, not far off with the orbital oval

2 Likes

A WWOS would be interesting if sport format, probably nothing like Wide World of Sport on 9

3 Likes

There are at least five stations in Canada using the 2Day FM callsign - Cranbrook, British Columbia, Grande Prairie and Lethbridge, Alberta and Niagara Falls and Stratford, Ontario.

3 Likes

There are at least a few that use Fox as their on air ID, though I’m not sure whether Melbourne started using it first or not.

2 Likes