Ultimate Tag

Looks pretty much like a big scale version of the “Pursuit” game from Gladiators.

3 Likes

I think the addition of studio audience makes the whole thing seem silly and tacky. Wouldn’t it be better to make a version that is based on objectives and missions (somewhat like video games) to tag others through a range of challenges or something like that (similar to Hunted).

Then again, they probably should commission Hunted if they want to go down that path :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hosts have been announced

The world’s fastest show is here and there’s only one rule: don’t get caught! Ultimate Tag takes the universally known game of tag and elevates it to a scale and skill level never seen before.This fresh and unmissable new series will have the nation cheering on as everyday Australians try to evade elite Pro Taggers in what can only be described as the fastest game on Earth. Ultimate Tag hosts, Seven sports reporter Abbey Gelmi and 7NEWS sports anchor Matt Shirvington with commentator Bill Woods will cover all the intense action as the Ultimate Tag Champions are decided. Who will take home the $100,000 prize money?

3 Likes

If this isn’t a sign that Seven have grand plans for Matt Shirvington in the future, I’m not sure what is.

1 Like

Don’t mind Abbey but not Shirvington again. He’s decent but he’s already on Seven News and Holey Moley. I’d prefer someone else like Mark Beretta or even Larry Emdur to host this one.

3 Likes

Great pairing!

1 Like

Abbey Gelmi is a rising star.

2 Likes

Bill Woods a notable inclusion.

4 Likes
3 Likes

First Look

The fastest show on the planet is here. There’s only one rule: Don’t get caught!

It’s the game you played as a kid, but some people never stopped playing.

Ultimate Tag takes the universally known game of tag and elevates it to a scale and skill level never seen before.

Meet the Pro Taggers: Dominator; Hollywood; Spitfire and Eagle.

Their incredible strength, speed and agility has to be seen to be believed.

Can everyday Australians take on these Pro Taggers and claim victory?

Hosts Abbey Gelmi and Matt Shirvington will cover all the electrifying action as the Ultimate Tag Champions are decided.

3 Likes

For the sake of Seven, I really hope that this show succeeds, but I’m doubtful.

What is really the point of this show? Two people running through obstacles trying to tag each other?

Perhaps I’d be more interested if it was a celebrity version…Pauline Hanson v Derryn Hinch, Annastacia Palaszczuk v Gladys Berejiklian anyone?

That explains why Abbey has been absent from some BBL matches.
Is there a studio audience for the show?

That’ll probably be the spin off version, Kiss Chasey. Might have to wait until after the pandemic to produce that one.

1 Like

Ten will probably rip-off that idea and use ex-Bachelor in Paradise contestants to give them more airtime. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Looks terrible, it’s the same genre as holey Moley, shouldn’t be in the same schedule.

1 Like

Ultimate Tag’s twin terrors: Rapid and Razor

Meet Australia’s fastest twins

You’re not seeing double, but these twins definitely mean trouble for the everyday Australians bold enough to take on the fastest show on the planet: Ultimate Tag .

Meet champion parkour athletes Brodie (Rapid) and Dylan (Razor) Pawson, who under their own names share over 11 million social followers, including almost 10 million on TikTok alone.

Fiercely competitive, strategic and famous for precision running at extreme speeds and daring heights, Rapid has won multiple speed competitions in Australia and overseas*.

Known for his often death-defying front flips over buildings, Razor cuts through the air with finesse, loving extreme tricks and flair.

When it comes to Ultimate Tag, Rapid and Razor are stepping into the arena with one simple goal: catch anyone who steps in their way.

Ultimate Tag will see competitors vault, dodge, tumble and dive their way through epic three-dimensional courses to earn a place in the final heart-pounding end game and be crowned Australia’s male or female tag champion.

Join hosts Abbey Gelmi and Matt Shirvington for high-octane, physical family fun and find out if there really is anyone in Australia fast enough for Rapid and Razor.

1 Like

When is this to start on-air programming?

No airdate has been announced yet, likely after Holey Moley.

1 Like

have we got a thread for Holey Moley?

Yes

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/holey-moley/11203/228