TV/Media Vehicles

Ten Sydney (July 2013)

8 Likes

Spotted outside work.

7 Likes

Sons and Daughters 1982, when Susan Todd’s husband was facing court for manslaughter and the news was after a scoop.

6 Likes

Does Sky News have its own broadcast van?

1 Like

No they don’t.
They have hired NEP broadcast trucks to shoot outside broadcasts in the past like, debates, forums and other specials.

2 Likes

Do they hire them? Or do they take out long term leases?

1 Like

It’s more of a contract basis because NEP provide the staff etc. It could be a one-off contract for a single event or an ongoing contract to cover multiple events.

3 Likes

From Twitter today

5 Likes
1 Like

It was a hire since NEP haven’t done anything recently for Sky News.

2 Likes

I think that post is in rather poor taste. This a thread for admiring vehicles but the article is clearly about a man who has died, no less someone who was employed to drive said vehicle (that article doesn’t mention it, but it’s pretty obvious that’s why hit had several photos of him with the vehicle).

If you’re interest in the vehicle, there are much better photos of it available on their Facebook. Otherwise, there are other threads where this would be better suited.

5 Likes

6 Likes

ABC truck spotted on the Pride Concert at The Domain, Sydney.

4 Likes

Interesting, that’s for radio, was there a radio broadcast of this too? I thought the ABC had got out of doing their own television OBs a couple of years ago.

1 Like

BBC radio OB truck i photographed at the Royal Albert Hall in London for one night of the Proms

3 Likes

Could be just me but that looks like a very big setup just for radio.

1 Like

Ten News Melbourne van (plus Fox Sports car with “SKYNWS” plate) taken in March 2019 (iirc for the George Pell trial)

4 Likes

Believe these have Sky branding on the sides.

There was an NEP truck there as well.

2 Likes

Does MTV have its own broadcast vehicle?