TV/Media Vehicles

I wouldn’t have expected to see any other regional vehicles there, except maybe WIN - who may have seen it as an opportunity to unleash Mappy on our unsuspecting metro cousins.

2 Likes

I’ve never had the opportunity of being in NBN-land at that time of year, but would’ve assumed all their Royal Easter Show coverage was pretty much the same as Nine Sydney’s from an on-site/air reporting perspective.

Prime7 & WIN being a bit more independent from the metro networks probably justifies the cost of having a presence at the showground more, especially since they more likely than not would be producing generic reports about the event which can air in multiple markets (and in the case of WIN, on their All Australian News)!

3 Likes

WIN on Seven:

7 Likes

Well at least the logos on that truck will become somewhat relevant again come July 1 (other than the actual logos being outdated)

9 Likes

Yeah how long ago was that shot? WIN’s Volkswagen Caddy vehicles in Canberra lost their GEM & GO! logos years ago.

6 Likes

Not entirely sure - yesterday Seven News Melbourne used old vision for the “coming up” of a story regarding a Nationals MP.

5 Likes

Posted on Facebook:

5 Likes

You can see from the tracks seen above that the chopper garaged at night.

7 Likes

It appears that this helicopter’s rego is not owned by them anymore.

Yes I don’t think any stations own their choppers anymore.

They are usually shared, leased or hired as required.

1 Like

Perth:

8 Likes

I wonder if any of the Perth vehicles had custom plates back then or now?

Back when TVW & STW were independent stations they both used private plates on their news & OB vehicles. I haven’t seen private plates on station vehicles for many years TV7-09-STW9-OB-Van

8 Likes

… if that’s the van I think it is, Bruce Gordon sold it to the Paradise church in South Australia who then, after first using the van itself, stripped the gear out and put it in a control room in the church … I saw it there a few years ago sitting out the back rotting when I had a look around their facilities …

5 Likes

that plate honestly looks shopped on, but then again, i’ve never seen a WA plate from that far back.

The plate was real, but now expired. Current information from the WA rego check website:

4 Likes

Quick…someone buy it! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

20090118-1592 By Zoltan Kiss - 18 January, 2009

8 Likes

They were the best Seven News vans.

2 Likes

Fox Sports/Sky News car and black Sky News car outside of News Corp Brisbane.

6 Likes