TV History - Questions

Ah brilliant, thank you! I also checked the Wiki and couldn’t find any mention of it, but my partner is ADAMANT that it was on after Aeon Flux on SBS…apparently I’m “discounting his life experiences” and got rather upset with me! :laughing: See, I have a memory problem, so he usually assumes that it’s me that’s remembering incorrectly…NOT THIS TIME HAHA! :laughing:
Thanks for backing me up, it’s been driving me nuts lol! Your help is much appreciated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

SBS’s late night music programs included Freeze Frame, Kulture Shock, Beat Club and The Noise.

3 Likes

Go back even further and they used to have repeats of Rock Around The World late on Friday nights :wink:

(Simulcast on 3RRR in Melbourne, and IIRC, 2JJJ in Sydney)

I used to watch MC Tee Vee on occasions but I don’t know if that was on Friday nights.

2 Likes

I primarily remember this from the parodies on Fast Forward.

3 Likes

“And wild horses could not drag me away from that one.”

2 Likes

MC Tee Vee used to be on Sunday afternoons in SBS around 1992-93, at 4.30pm before The Noise at 5pm.

There was another music show on SBS around 2007-08 called Noise TV it featured live performances from Australian artists, I think it was on late Saturday nights. It was filmed at the now-defunct Noise Bar in Brunswick, Melbourne, and it was a spinoff from a similar show on C31.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but who did these voiceovers for the Seven Network in the early 90s?

1 Like

Bruce Ferrier. I think he originally did voiceovers just for the Sydney station, but was later heard across the network until around the mid-1990s when Matthew O’Sullivan (now on Nine of course) became the main voice of Channel Seven.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s Bruce Ferrier. He also was the main voice over for One FM 96.1 from about 1995 to 1997 and he also was main voice over for 2UE in about 2007 from memory.

3 Likes

If I were to hazard a guess, his voice was most likely heard on promos created for the entire network, as opposed to those made my each individual Seven station.

4 Likes

Hi all, does anyone one know how many years did the tv show “cross country” (hosted by Neil inall)run for?

I distinctly remember being surprised to see Neil Inall pop up on Prime when aggregation first started in southern NSW in 1989. My grandparents were Inall fans from his days at the ABC presenting Countrywide. They never understood why he was dropped from that show when he was such a class act. They also loved Allan Seale. I don’t know how long Prime had Cross Country on air prior to aggregation but I know it finished in around 1999.

3 Likes

Has the video been stretched or was the 1993 Bathurst 1000 filmed in widescreen?

The graphics don’t look like they are stretched. The cars look a little odd though.

1 Like

looks stretched. The video is taken from the actual broadcast which would have been 4:3

3 Likes

Those cars look stretched.

1 Like

If you change the ratio to 4:3 it looks normal - even the 7 logo

4 Likes

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/1/10/22102252c923a918f73c5fcc99a48e83e70eaf05_1_690x224.png/revision/latest?cb=20181003095342

can I ask what font is used?

That logo is just made up anyway - Southern Cross GTS/BKN became 7 Spencer Gulf.

1 Like

please

Looking on What the Font, it looks like Matahari Sans Extra Bold.

2 Likes