Travel Guides

Season 4 has been pushed back to post-Easter with one new couple to replace married couple Deepesh and Sage, according to TV Tonight.
Without the MAFS lead-in, Travel Guides may struggle to re-create the record ratings it got last year.

1 Like

They were definitely the weakest / least interesting couple last season. I’m surprised though that they havn’t shaken the cast up a bit. I think we’ve seen enough of some of these people. The two cowgirls and the target boys could probably be replaced now IMO.

1 Like

Just as long as the Fren Family are NEVER replaced!

That would mean it would have Lego Masters as a lead in, I would argue that that is just as much as a strong lead it that the show needs.

I think moving it post easter is a good idea. Give the Married lead out to something else. It will be able to stand on its own.

Nine’s programming director Hamish Turner has told Mediaweek that season 4 has been completed but can’t go to air at the moment.

Turner explained because of the current climate it would not make sense to promote overseas or Australian travel. The program also has commercial partnerships linked to the various segments which also prevents the broadcast.

1 Like

It’s the product placement which would really be the problem. Would they hold off the season for a whole year?

1 Like

Nine should fast track Race Across the World Season 2 instead. Season 2 of the show is rating better in the UK than season 1 despite everything that is going on. It’s really good and doesn’t have product placements either, more travel in a documentary style.

I was wondering what happened to this. Fair enough as well.

From today’s upfronts

TRAVEL GUIDES

Travel Guides returns for more amazing and adventurous destinations experienced first-hand by your favourite guides and critics.

These everyday, ordinary Aussies bring a funny and fresh perspective to holiday reviews as they go to the same location for a week-long holiday. However, they won’t all have the same experience.

Each Travel Guide group will leave the audience in stitches with candid insights as they rate their holidays out of five stars.

Narrated by popular Aussie comedian Denise Scott, Travel Guides is produced by Nine.

1 Like

Like déjà vu.

1 Like

I don’t know why they don’t just air it now. The longer they leave it the more out of date it’s going too feel. Viewers are going to be well aware that this was filmed pre-pandemic and it’s unlikely the travel situation is going to change until the second half of the year.

2 Likes

Sponsors. If the sponsors can’t make any money off it at the moment why would they? You need to keep those happy.

2 Likes

Nine has announced that at least on episode of Travel Guides will air in February. The show has been postponed because of COVID since it relies heavily on sponsorship and product tie-ins to overseas travel.

However, it appears that the removal of most travel restrictions in Australia means that one episode that features Tasmania will be able to go to air.

3 Likes

How many episodes if you don’t mind?
Thanks!

Nine has released another Travel Guide preview episode. Based on the narrative, I am thinking that they might run a cut down series just using the episodes featuring Australian holidays. There is no mention in the voice over intro of any overseas destinations that were reportedly visited.

2 Likes

Can we assume that the overseas episodes won’t be shown until 2022, perhaps as season 4b or an expanded season 5?

Difficult to speculate on a new season being filmed when most of the world is unlikely to be open to international travel even next year.