Tomorrow Tonight

The future has a habit of sneaking up on us. Annabel Crabb prepares us in season 2 of Tomorrow Tonight

Award-winning journalist and commentator Annabel Crabb hosts the new season of Tomorrow Tonight, returning to ABC TV and ABC iview on Wednesdays at 9pm from 30 March.

This show will ask you to consider challenges that humanity is yet to face. What if science offered you another 50 years of life, starting tomorrow? What if childbirth no longer required a womb? What if you couldn’t lie without being found out?

Over eight entertaining and powerful episodes, comedian Charlie Pickering and lawyer-cum-chef Adam Liaw will be joined by two notable Australians each week, all asked to react to hypothetical scenarios that maybe, just maybe, are heading our way! Guests include Christopher Pyne, Narelda Jacobs, Waleed Aly, Hamish Blake, Jean Kittson, Peter Helliar, Geraldine Hickey and many more! These smart, funny people will unpack these emotionally twisty moral dilemmas and learn more about themselves in the process.

Charlie Pickering says: “I couldn’t be more excited to be back on the desk with Annabel in the host chair, asking the probing questions she’s built a career on. On top of that, there’s the permanent addition of the multi-talented Adam Liaw, who sadly didn’t offer to do any of the catering. As a comedian, the show’s hypotheticals are the perfect opportunity to improvise, and as a producer it’s a format I’m immensely proud of.”

Annabel Crabb says: “I always loved the Carl Reiner line about a brilliant mind in panic being a wonderful thing to see. And the best thing about Tomorrow Tonight is the opportunity to witness quick-minded people coping with moral questions that don’t actually permit a fast, easy answer. It’s fascinating. Once you ask people hard questions, you immediately begin to discover who they are, and every single episode of this show, I found out something truly surprising, intriguing or moving about people I thought I broadly knew.

“It’s not often that as humans we stop what we’re doing, join the dots and ask ourselves the moral questions that are just around the corner. Like: “If we could wipe clean traumatic memories, should we?” or “How will we comprehend truth, once deepfakes are indistinguishable from the real thing?” The fact that we can do it while morally torturing clever, funny, well-known Australians is really just the icing on the cake for me.”

Adam Liaw: “What makes Tomorrow Tonight unique is that it’s possibly the only show on television where people can and do change their minds. In the current environment where opinions all seem pre-packaged for delivery, it’s refreshing to see people actually have to think for themselves.”

Trailer
https://twitter.com/charliepick/status/1503963232091877377

Series 2, episode 1

Wednesday 30 March 9.00pm

When our eyes and our ears can be fooled, what do we have left? Annabel, Charlie and Adam are joined by Hamish Blake and Yumi Stynes to step into a world where deepfakes are indistinguishable from reality.

Series 2, Episode 2

Wednesday 6 April 9.00pm

Would you give up the right to be bad? Annabel, Charlie and Adam are joined by Tom Gleeson and Dee Madigan to negotiate a world where our behaviour isn’t just rewarded and punished, being good is a compulsory national policy.

Whether the right to be bad is more important than the public good. A hypothetical future governed by social credits. The panel will grapple with moral dilemmas, big questions they’ve never been asked before and an all-knowing App that doesn’t exist…yet.

Series 2, Episode 3

Wednesday 13 April 9.00pm

Annabel Crabb is joined by Jane Caro, Zoe Norton Lodge, Charlie Pickering and Adam Liaw to imagine a world where babies could grow outside the human body. The panel will deliver on big dilemmas, answer embryonic questions and unpack the ethics of the artificial womb that doesn’t exist…yet.

Series 2 - First look

Christ, how did this get a second series? What a waste of scant resources. Is the ABC ever going to give some new talent a go?

2 Likes

Series 2, Episode 4

Wednesday 20 April 9.00pm

Host Annabel Crabb is joined by Jean Kittson, Peter Helliar, Adam Liaw and Charlie Pickering to wrestle with a world where humans could live to 150. The panel will chew over moral dilemmas, questions they’ve never been asked before, and a life extension technology that doesn’t exist…yet.

Series 2, Episode 5

Wednesday 27 April 9.00pm

Host Annabel Crabb is joined by Waleed Aly, Narelda Jacobs, Adam Liaw and Charlie Pickering to unravel our beliefs and imagine a future where one religion turned out to be very, very real. The panel contends with moral dilemmas, questions they’ve never been asked before, and unfolding revelations that haven’t happened… yet.

1 Like

Series 2, Episode 6 - Cheating

Wednesday 4 May 9.00pm

Host Annabel Crabb is joined by Christopher Pyne, Sarah Harris, Charlie Pickering and Adam Liaw to play on a field where cheating is not just allowed but embraced.

The panel will compete over moral dilemmas, answer questions they’ve never been asked before and decide on the fairness of an IQ enhancing technology that doesn’t exist… yet.

So many 10 personalities. And such a piss-poor show.

1 Like

I mean this is the same network that renewed Win the Week and Question Everything. Kinda indicates their preference in ‘comedy’ shows these days other than Mad as Hell.

Series 2, Episode 7

Wednesday 11 May 9.10pm

What would you give up to forget your trauma? Annabel, Charlie and Adam are joined by Jamila Rizvi
and Dave O’Neil to step into a world where our memories can be shuffled, dismantled and even erased.

Imagine a world where our memories no longer define us. The panel will explore moral dilemmas, questions they’ve never been asked before and a memory erasing pill that doesn’t exist…yet.

Series 2, Episode 8

Wednesday 18 May 9.10pm

Host Annabel Crabb is joined by Geraldine Hickey, Anthony “Lehmo” Lehmann, Charlie Pickering and Adam Liaw to imagine a world where lying is a thing of the past. The panel will get brutally honest about dishonesty, deal with moral dilemmas and a lie detecting technology that doesn’t exist…yet.