This Is Your Life

I agree. I’m looking forward to this.

5 Likes

It’s been long enough since Nine last ran this that I think it’s a good move for Seven, although as others have suggested more evidence that Seven would prefer to recycle old concepts than come up with new ideas.

2 Likes

As in Australian Stories on ABC which does an excellent job. Probably with lesser know Australians though than are likely to appear on This Is You Life aka TIYL - first to use acronym :wink:

Given the current state of the world and our economy, I can understand that view. Less risk perhaps than a new product.

And she’s had experience in the nostalgia genre having hosted Where Are They Now? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

has Kerri-Anne served her time from being “cancelled”? She might be due a comeback :wink:

1 Like

Loved that show @spw68.

1 Like

This is Your Life. Great choice.

7 Likes

Oh wow. Perfection!

4 Likes

Mel Doyle becomes the first female host of the show in Australia.

Seven
Mike Willesee (1975)
Digby Wolf (1976)
Roger Climpson (1977–1980)
Nine
Mike Munro (1995–2005, 2008)
Eddie McGuire(2011)
Seven
Melissa Doyle (2022-

11 Likes

Awesome awesome choice. I’m thrilled to hear this.

7 Likes

A safe choice for 7

Loved the original 70s version and the Mike Munro era. Mel will be brilliant. Let’s hope they line up some awesome guests.

4 Likes

Lets hope its not just 7 Network personalities

5 Likes

Melissa Doyle to host This Is Your Life

Special event series coming to Seven in 2022

The Seven Network is proud to announce that acclaimed journalist and presenter Melissa Doyle will host the return of one of Australia’s longest running and most loved television series, This Is Your Life .

The new-look This Is Your Life will debut on Channel 7 and 7plus later this year as a series of special events.

This Is Your Life celebrates one iconic Australian at a time, offering revealing insights, emotional reunions and never-before-seen footage from their closest colleagues, friends and family, including international names and stellar surprise performers.

Seven’s Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross, said: “ This Is Your Life was an iconic and incredibly successful show for many years. We can’t wait to bring the format into 2022 and to welcome Mel Doyle back to Seven as its host.

“Mel is one of the best in the business. Intelligent, warm and engaging, she is the perfect person to present This Is Your Life and to celebrate the careers and achievements of some extraordinary Australians.”

During her 25 years with Seven, Melissa hosted Sunrise , Sunday Night , 7NEWS , Today Tonight , The Zoo , Where Are They Now? , The Latest , and morning and afternoon news bulletins.

Melissa and the 7NEWS team were recognised with a Walkley Award, a TV Week Logie Award and three international Edward R. Murrow Awards for their coverage of the Lindt café siege in 2014.

She is also an accomplished radio presenter, National Patron for the Make A Wish Foundation and an Ambassador for World Vision, The Alannah and Madeline Foundation, The Children’s Hospital at Westmead and Adopt Change. In 2016 she was made a Member of the Order of Australia for her “significant service to the community through representational roles with a range of charitable groups, and to the broadcast media”.

Melissa said: “I am honoured to continue the legacy of such an iconic program as This Is Your Life . I can’t wait to present the Big Red Book to some of our most loved Australians and together celebrate their remarkable lives and the people and moments which mean so much to them – and to all of us.”

Making its original debut on Seven in 1975, hosted by Mike Willesee, This Is Your Life became one of the most popular shows on television over its six-year run on the network. It was also hosted by Digby Wolfe and Roger Climpson. The program ran on the Nine Network, on and off, from 1995 to 2011.

The new version will be produced for Seven by ITV Studios Australia. The format for This Is Your Life is owned by TIYL 2010, LLC whose authorised representative is Ralph Edwards Productions and is distributed by All3Media International.

ITV Studios Australia negotiated the deal with All3Media International after its acquisition of the DRG/Nent library.

5 Likes

I hope the first episode can showcase some of our indigenous people.

Mentioned by Peter Ford this morning on TMS with Mike Willessee clips.

5 Likes

7 Likes

What an absolute class act she is :clap: :clap:

6 Likes

Herald Sun reports that the This is your Life reboot will be limited to four episodes. It will be filmed at the Fox Studios in Sydney on June 7, 9, 10 and 14.

7 Likes