The Weekly with Charlie Pickering

Really? I thought there were some great moments. Perhaps its my attraction to Charlie Pickering but I thought it was a fantastic yearly wrap. I loved the opening skit.

Attracted to emotionless smug robots? Can’t imagine anything less interesting or funny than Charlie.

You have no idea. My track record of boyfriends has been… sabotaging to see the least.

1 Like

3 Likes

Gogglebox Royal Family edition. The Queen and Prince Charles watching the Oprah, Harry and Meghan interview. :rofl:

5 Likes

The Yearly 2021: G’Deja Vu

Wednesday 22 December at 8:30pm

The Yearly will have an audience for the first time in 2 years with tickets available.

2 Likes

What was with the bizarre ending in The Yearly special last night when Charlie went nude in the final few scenes, walking through the gardens in Melbourne CBD?

The Real Premiers of Australia and Margaret Pomeranz’s TV wrap were brilliant segments though.

The show returns for 2022 on Wednesday, April 27 at 8.30pm.

2 Likes

The Weekly With Charlie Pickering - Season 8

From Wednesday 27 April 8.30pm

Charlie Pickering takes all the news, puts it back together an delivers it to you in a funny half hour that makes sense of th nonsense. The Weekly - You give us thirty minutes – We’ll give yo the week.

The new variant of The Weekly with Charlie Pickering is stronger than ever and thankfully there’s no known cure for these highly infectious laughs.

Charlie Pickering and his team of Australia’s best comedians have watched all the news so that you don’t have to – taking everything the week throws at us, filtering out the boring bits, and putting it back together again in a half hour that makes sense of the nonsense.

The Weekly With Charlie Pickering. You give us thirty minutes - We’ll give you the week.

Production credit: A Thinkative Television production in association with ABC TV. Series Producer: Julia Holmes. Executive Producers: Chris Walker, Kevin Whyte and Charlie Pickering. ABC Executive Producer: Tarni James.

3 Likes

Is that a new set?

Looks like an old photo of the set they used during the pandemic

1 Like

Herald Sun reports that the ABC has offered counselling to staff after the show’s executive producer Chris Walker stripped naked in front of colleagues during an online rehearsal meeting on May 17, wrongly believing he had logged off on a Skype call. Chris is currently on an European holiday with partner Carrie Bickmore. The ABC and Chris’s television production company, Thinkative Television, issued statements to the paper saying the incident was unintentional and he was undressing to get into the shower, but wasn’t performing a lewd act.

2 Likes

Wonder if it will get a mention on air in some form…
Poor guy. But this is why you never take your laptop/ phone for videos calls into bathrooms etc. tech doesn’t always behave! Never risk it let alone strip infront of it.

3 Likes

It makes me feel ill that people must’ve thought it was ok to watch for ‘between 40 seconds and 2 minutes’ without either alerting him to the problem or logging off/closing their computer.

2 Likes

New details surface after Carrie Bickmore’s partner Chris Walker exposes himself on Skype

An anonymous ABC employee on Tuesday told the Herald Sun incident had exposed obvious “double standards” with their employer.

“You’re not allowed plastic bottles in the building but the nude guy is on the screen but that’s hilarious,” they said.

“The reason we are all concerned about it is [because] the ABC are moral preachers.”

The staffer felt that the matter had been dealt with lightly due to Mr Walker’s company being a key client of the ABC. In addition to using several ABC employees for production, it produced the programs The Weekly, Hard Quiz and Today Tomorrow.

The employee believes if an ABC worker had exposed themselves on a Skype call, “they would never be allowed to set foot in the place again”.

1 Like

Yeah I read that earlier. What’s the new details though? Some rando’s opinion?

Small thing but did someone forget to do fact-checking? The show is called Tomorrow Tonight.

2 Likes

I believe it’s Yesteryear Morning

The Yearly With Charlie Pickering

Wednesday 21 December 8.30pm

Charlie Pickering and a galaxy of stars wrap up 2022 in style. Margaret Pomeranz talks TV, Roy & HG sum up sport and Tony Armstrong, Gabbi Bolt and Andy Zaltzman answer the year’s big questions - What was the biggest news story? Who were the biggest winners and losers? And who had the year’s best televised funeral?
All will be revealed!

WARNING: May be secretly hosted by Scott Morrison.

Production credit: A Thinkative Television production in association with ABC TV. Series Producer: Tom Peterson. Executive Producers: Chris Walker, Kevin Whyte and Charlie Pickering. ABC Executive Producer: Tarni James.

2 Likes