The Weakest Link

I love Magda - but this looks awful.

7 Likes

I guess they saw my comment…

2 Likes

I have managed to find a US episode of The Weakest Link in which an Australian contestant is featured.

In the contestant introduction segment he says he’s from “Ku-ring-gai in Australia” - I mean, does anyone in the States even know where that is?

I reckon quite a few Australians (mainly those who live outside NSW, most people here would know where it is) may not be aware that Ku-ring-gai is in Sydney.

1 Like

What’s your point?

1 Like

Many Americans probably wouldn’t even be able to point to “Nebraska” or “Missouri” on a map…

4 Likes

Reminds me of this line from The Simpsons:

Marge: It took the children 40 minutes to locate Canada on the map.
Homer: Oh, Marge, anyone can miss Canada, all tucked away down there.

4 Likes
5 Likes

If you skip to 22:24 in this video you can see a short snippet of the (original) Australian version of Weakest Link hosted by the late Cornelia Frances.

Featured in this segment is a very young Brydon Coverdale long before becoming The Shark on The Chase Australia. For the record, Coverdale reached the final round but missed out on $30,700.

6 Likes

Quirindi

But most people in America wouldn’t have heard of most of the places those people came from, except for perhaps Richmond Virginia or North Hollywood.

3 Likes

That’s a great complication. And as has been said many times already, as much as Magda is fab, I think she will be more playing the role rather than being authentically a Weakest Link host.

1 Like

Gretel was made to do this show. Why do you think broadcasters are so afraid to let her front a show again?

6 Likes

:joy:

I mean, do Aussies even know the difference between Quirindi and Ku-ring-gai?

6 Likes

She may have turned it down?

3 Likes

She has done the morning TV chat segments for a while I’d thought she would have been offered a relief sort of role every now and then, however not.

Perhaps she is financially fine, and wants to avoid the public spotlight, like Sam.

Magda was on Today this morning doing her best to act stern; however she broke character a few times then seemed to remember to put on her mean face - that sort of looked like she was startled.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’ve seen the promo for this, not buying into it at all. I just cringe at her “Weakest Link”.

“Come at me again, and I mean that in a physical way, I will go you with a knife.”

1 Like

The Today Show segment

4 Likes

Somebody should’ve told Magda she’s not performing in a pantomime.

6 Likes