The Briefcase

Nine will much appreciate the campaign. The show is designed to create controversy and the more outrage, the higher the ratings.

1 Like

Well I won’t be watching

For a start, hashtags on Twitter don’t work with a number straight after the hash symbol.

This is a bit awkward. Nine prefix all their hashtags with a 9. e.g. #9TheVoice. Even though it makes shows like 20 To 1 look like #920To1 and 2 Broke Girls becomes #92BrokeGirls

1 Like

ugh…why. It looks ugly, as you pointed out. Although having just tested it on the Twitter desktop site, it appears you might be able to use a number first now (to make it a ‘live’ hashtag) ? I’m sure that hasn’t always been the case and certainly isn’t still on most apps.

Yes, I noticed that too - 920 to One sure would be a long show.

They have to trail with a word, so #9 would not work, but 9gem would.

Yep you’re right. My mistake :smile:

1 Like

Pete Stefanovic narrating?

Anyone watch it? Judgements?

Sorry for a bit off topic, but The Voice is the only program that does not start with a 9 in the hashtag, possibly because it is part of the international franchise. The show is also quite popular overseas.

Both couples ended up with the $100K. I don’t quite see the controversy.

Very tearjerker though.

1 Like

Maybe in future episodes if one family gives $100k and the other gives $0, but I doubt that will ever happen.

It would appear that they have taken on board some lessons from the US version and made tweaks to the casting/production to make it better.

If they axe this show, does that mean money given on unaired episodes won’t be paid? Wouldn’t that be a PR disaster.

How long will it last at 9.40?