The Briefcase

This opinion piece by Michael Lallo from The Age sums up this show perfectly, trash.

1 Like

That would have been what Nine was hoping for - outrage from the media.

Let’s hope that the “brief” part of the title is accurate and it plummets to an early cancellation.

3 Likes

I’m not quite sure who Michael Lallo is, but he seems to have given this horrid show a truckload of free publicity. Let’s hope that Michael’s puff piece doesn’t result in this show gaining an audience.

If ever there wasa show that should be shit canned before it goes to air it’s this. Talk about preying on the vulnerable.

One of my twitter followers and a I are trying to get a hastag to go viral

#[hashtag]9CloseTheBriefcase

Nine will much appreciate the campaign. The show is designed to create controversy and the more outrage, the higher the ratings.

1 Like

Well I won’t be watching

For a start, hashtags on Twitter don’t work with a number straight after the hash symbol.

This is a bit awkward. Nine prefix all their hashtags with a 9. e.g. #9TheVoice. Even though it makes shows like 20 To 1 look like #920To1 and 2 Broke Girls becomes #92BrokeGirls

1 Like

ugh…why. It looks ugly, as you pointed out. Although having just tested it on the Twitter desktop site, it appears you might be able to use a number first now (to make it a ‘live’ hashtag) ? I’m sure that hasn’t always been the case and certainly isn’t still on most apps.

Yes, I noticed that too - 920 to One sure would be a long show.

They have to trail with a word, so #9 would not work, but 9gem would.

Yep you’re right. My mistake :smile:

1 Like

Pete Stefanovic narrating?

Anyone watch it? Judgements?

Sorry for a bit off topic, but The Voice is the only program that does not start with a 9 in the hashtag, possibly because it is part of the international franchise. The show is also quite popular overseas.

Both couples ended up with the $100K. I don’t quite see the controversy.

Very tearjerker though.

1 Like

Maybe in future episodes if one family gives $100k and the other gives $0, but I doubt that will ever happen.

It would appear that they have taken on board some lessons from the US version and made tweaks to the casting/production to make it better.

If they axe this show, does that mean money given on unaired episodes won’t be paid? Wouldn’t that be a PR disaster.

How long will it last at 9.40?