Test Cards and Other Internal Content

8 Likes
1 Like

This slipped though a few years ago

4 Likes

Apologies in advance if they’ve been posted/mentioned already but here’s a few slates/cue cards from history (and YouTube, I’ve linked to the clips which the still captures were taken of course) which might be of interest.

Seven Nightly News Sydney for their then-new graphical “Integrations”, probably from about Late 1988 or Early 1989?:

Seven Nightly News Melbourne, April 1994 and incorporating the “10 to 2” countdown:

Custom Video Australia for a Seven Nightly News Sydney promo, December 1994:

Ten Promotions, January 1997:

5 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Here’s one I just saw on ABC15 Phoenix.

Untitled

4 Likes

Here are some from today:

7 Likes

I don’t seem to be able to upload these pictures directly. Hopefully these Imgur links work:

Testing for the marathon tomorrow:

Solar interference:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I see WIN television written all over that first cap!

Go to the TenPlay site…apparently that link isn’t to what some may think:

4 Likes

Some more:

5 Likes

This thread has plenty of these graphics. It was interesting to see one from Sunrise! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting! I assume Perth were getting a shorter episode of Sunrise because of the cricket, as it’s normally a straightforward delayed broadcast, isn’t it?

1 Like

Two more slates/cue cards from history (and YouTube, with links to the clips which the still caps were taken from) for what they’re worth.

Nine Network Australia Promos with integrated countdown, December 1994:
CueCard#1

Prime Production Wagga Wagga, December 1996
CueCard#2

Regional TV history buffs, how long did Prime Wagga continue to produce local advertising (in this case, for the “Zone 3” Laser Tag centre which I’m pretty sure isn’t around these days either) for?

4 Likes

A slightly different variant of this with a “PRIME CANBERRA” strip, thanks to a major segment recording error (one of two from tonight’s NSW North Coast bulletin which I really hope the ABC’s Media Watch/Media Bites picks up on) which made it into the YouTube upload and presumably also onto local TV screens!

1 Like

A few more from history (and YouTube with full credit to Graham Cousens, although it’s worth watching the full clip for the five awesome Channel Nine “New Millennium Television” 2000 launch promos).

Nine Network Australia Promos with integrated countdown, 2000
NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#1NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#2
NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#3NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#4
NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#5

Quite similar in format to the 1994 one posted earlier, but with a different font to match what Nine used in it’s On-Air Presentation at the time!

6 Likes

3 Likes

More SSM graphics? :smiley: