Test Cards and Other Internal Content

They have no terrestrial TV but they have transmitters in the countryside??? Just for show? Interestingly, Romania and Greenland were the last countries to go colour completely.

I’d say to broadcast out to other countries.

They don’t have plans to switch to digital on terrestrial TV.

1 Like

Weren’t they conducting tests around Pyongyang using China’s DTMB system?
I recall some time ago reports that made it look like that was the case, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Chinese were donating/lending them some equipment for that.
It’s not a guaranteed thing, but it isn’t enitrely unlikely either. We’ll likely never know for sure anyway.

1 Like

grabbed from the nine feed of the Roosters Vs Manly NRL game tonight.

4 Likes

Optus Business TV2 test card (using Westlink’s former position)

1 Like

Not that it’s likely they’ll bother for something so trivial like a testcard, but it’d be great if the Optus logo could be updated!

3 Likes

MATV in a pub

4 Likes

From ABC News NT tonight

4 Likes

6 Likes

As mentioned in the Ten Eyewitness News Content & Appearance thread (thanks to @lexington for originally posting the cap, by the way! :slight_smile:), a clip that was briefly online this afternoon revealed the slate/cuecard used before the Brisbane news updates:
TenEyewitnessNewsSlateCueCard

The “10 to 2” countdown seen after this used is the “white numbers on a black background” also used by Nine and possibly other broadcasters.

3 Likes

that ‘D cue’ is the most antiquated piece of tv equipment… so simple that it’s survived all these years!

2 Likes

CW affiliates accidentally broadcast their satellite info at the start of programming earlier this year.

3 Likes

Capture2
Capture

7 Likes

3 Likes

sourced from: https://vimeo.com/247788511

9 Likes

4 Likes
2 Likes

With thanks to the Frankster, some slates & a couple of countdowns for old 2WS TV commercials from various production companies:

Also for the lack of a better thread, a “Videopak Television Production” endtag from (probably) the 1980s:

5 Likes

From the end of a ten daily live stream this morning

3 Likes