Test Cards and Other Internal Content

I don’t seem to be able to upload these pictures directly. Hopefully these Imgur links work:

Testing for the marathon tomorrow:

Solar interference:

3 Likes

4 Likes

I see WIN television written all over that first cap!

Go to the TenPlay site…apparently that link isn’t to what some may think:

4 Likes

Some more:

5 Likes

This thread has plenty of these graphics. It was interesting to see one from Sunrise! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Interesting! I assume Perth were getting a shorter episode of Sunrise because of the cricket, as it’s normally a straightforward delayed broadcast, isn’t it?

1 Like

Two more slates/cue cards from history (and YouTube, with links to the clips which the still caps were taken from) for what they’re worth.

Nine Network Australia Promos with integrated countdown, December 1994:
CueCard#1

Prime Production Wagga Wagga, December 1996
CueCard#2

Regional TV history buffs, how long did Prime Wagga continue to produce local advertising (in this case, for the “Zone 3” Laser Tag centre which I’m pretty sure isn’t around these days either) for?

4 Likes

A slightly different variant of this with a “PRIME CANBERRA” strip, thanks to a major segment recording error (one of two from tonight’s NSW North Coast bulletin which I really hope the ABC’s Media Watch/Media Bites picks up on) which made it into the YouTube upload and presumably also onto local TV screens!

1 Like

A few more from history (and YouTube with full credit to Graham Cousens, although it’s worth watching the full clip for the five awesome Channel Nine “New Millennium Television” 2000 launch promos).

Nine Network Australia Promos with integrated countdown, 2000
NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#1NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#2
NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#3NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#4
NineNetworkAustraliaPromosSlate Countdown2000#5

Quite similar in format to the 1994 one posted earlier, but with a different font to match what Nine used in it’s On-Air Presentation at the time!

6 Likes

3 Likes

More SSM graphics? :smiley:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Here’s a factoid for ya… the key number used there is created like this:

CLASSIFICATION MATERIAL # TYPE VERSION # PROGRAM CODE DURATION

So:
H is a promo for an M rated program (can only run in PG and up timezones)
5362 is the material number (generated by the system)
X means coming soon (G for generic, T for tonight, N for next)
Version 4
LAU for Launch
50 is a 50 second promo

14 Likes

Continuing with the evolution of the “Nine Network Australia Promo’s” slate/cue card with integrated countdown…2001, the first year of Digital TV in Australia.

Although the somewhat futuristic looking Channel Nine Launch Promos & Idents for 2001 were produced in widescreen for the then sparkly new medium of Digital TV, the slate/cue card was still in the 4.3 format. Of course the font was updated to reflect what Nine was using in their On-Air Presentation at the time:
NineNetworkAustralia2001LaunchPromosCueCardwithIntegratedCountdown%231
NineNetworkAustralia2001LaunchPromosCueCardwithIntegratedCountdown%232
NineNetworkAustralia2001IDsCueCardwithIntegratedCountdown%231
NineNetworkAustralia2001IDsCueCardwithIntegratedCountdown%232

Once again, full credit has to go to Graham Cousens for the clip these were sourced from. Definitely well worth a watch for all the Idents and Launch Promos (a couple I don’t think I’ve seen before, although all had quite effective use of the pop tracks IMO) that Nine kicked off the Digital TV era with! :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

I like the term beauty cameras for the scenic loops.

5 Likes